[ROM] [ROM] DarkDroid [1.1] [2/26/2012] [XT862 & XT860]

Aceunderfire

Reaction score
I'm having an issue installing patch. I tried 4 times following directions to a t. But after hitting the search button at the safe strap menu the screen would go black and just sit there. Waited about 30 minutes the last time. So I reverted to non safe mode and downloaded files straight to phone. I only installed the Rom and it booted up fine. (In the 3 years of rooting and installing custom roms this is by far the best. I started on a HTC touch pro 2) everything is going excellent( speed, bat life, etc) the only problem is it keeps saying signature error or something like that when downloading updates from market. So I tried wiping cache, dalvik cache and even a factory reset then installing the patch and every time I get a blank screen after the safestrap menu... can any one please help I love this Rom just need to fix the blip.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

OP
TheDarkDroid

TheDarkDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
sites.google.com
I'm having an issue installing patch. I tried 4 times following directions to a t. But after hitting the search button at the safe strap menu the screen would go black and just sit there. Waited about 30 minutes the last time. So I reverted to non safe mode and downloaded files straight to phone. I only installed the Rom and it booted up fine. (In the 3 years of rooting and installing custom roms this is by far the best. I started on a HTC touch pro 2) everything is going excellent( speed, bat life, etc) the only problem is it keeps saying signature error or something like that when downloading updates from market. So I tried wiping cache, dalvik cache and even a factory reset then installing the patch and every time I get a blank screen after the safestrap menu... can any one please help I love this Rom just need to fix the blip.

My patch is borked, until I make a working patch use an app like Titanium Backup to uninstall the apps that have the signature error when updating, then install those apps from the market instead.

Aceunderfire

Reaction score
Thank you. I have tried that but Google maps won't reinstall due incompatibility issue with other apes linked to my gmail account. Also one of the apps is super user. Is it safe to uninstall super user, reboot and reinstall from market. I'm alittle nervous about that one. Thanks for you time in building and helping

OP
TheDarkDroid

TheDarkDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
sites.google.com
Thank you. I have tried that but Google maps won't reinstall due incompatibility issue with other apes linked to my gmail account. Also one of the apps is super user. Is it safe to uninstall super user, reboot and reinstall from market. I'm alittle nervous about that one. Thanks for you time in building and helping

Thats odd with GMaps. You're best off, in this case, just searching for the latest .apk online. As for updating Superuser, yes, it is safe to uninstall then reinstall.

Aceunderfire

Reaction score
Thank-you I'll work on it tomorrow and report back.

Aceunderfire

Reaction score
I manage to get everything working except for Maps. I couldn't reinstall any apk's they all said install failed (even after uninstalling them). On Gmail and SU I just renamed the originals in system/apps to .bak then copied another gmail.apk /SU.apk and reset the permissions to rw-r--r-- and rebooted into Safe-strap, cleared cache and rebooted. They work fine and Gmail even updated. On YouTube and Flash I just used titanium back up to uninstall ,reboot, clear cache , reboot and installed from market.
Now on the maps end I try to update and get the error in the #2 picture. So I uninstalled rebooted, cleared Dalvik and regular cache, reboot and tried to reinstall from market and get the error in the #1 pic. I then removed my account from my D2G, Samsung Moment and my wife Droid 3 and tried again with the same error in #1 pic. I then uninstalled Google voice, search and tried again with the same error in #1 pic. I also tried downloading another maps.apk and is says install failed. I then tried to move the maps.apk to systems/app and set permissions to rw-r--r--. it accepts but when I reboot, wipe cache and reboot it doesn't show up on my apps drawer... WTF!:icon_evil: I am totally lost.:frown: any Ideas or do I have to live with maps not being able to update? :hail:

1. 2012-01-029517-12-3495208_2.jpg 2.2012-01-029517-23-1495101.jpg

Aceunderfire

Reaction score
Pic

WHere did you get that tophat pic? That would be awesome as my sartup image.

ejamminj01

Reaction score
So far some issues that I have encountered is the updating of the flash player, gmaps & gmail. I am unable to sign into whatsapp messenger.

Thanks for the ROM!!!:D

OP
TheDarkDroid

TheDarkDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
sites.google.com
I might go ahead and leave all those apps out of the room entirely, so people just get and always have the latest market version.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

ejamminj01

Reaction score
Is there any other way to get them to work? For whatever reason the whatsapp messenger app is working now. Going to continue to try the others.

Aceunderfire

Reaction score
Is there any other way to get them to work? For whatever reason the whatsapp messenger app is working now. Going to continue to try the others.

On Gmail and SU I just renamed the originals in system/apps to .bak then copied another gmail.apk /SU.apk into system/ apps and reset the permissions to rw-r--r-- and rebooted into Safe-strap, cleared cache and rebooted. They work fine and Gmail even updated. On YouTube and Flash I just used titanium back up to uninstall ,reboot, clear cache , reboot and installed from market. I did find two maps version 6.0.2 apk's that will install. Market still won't up date to the 6.0.3 version it still say bad signature. here are the apk's. Just use titanium back up to back up your current maps then delete it. Both of the apk's on the below link installed fine. It still won't update in market but at least there newer versions of maps. :biggrin:

http://www.apktops.com/google-maps-6...activated.html

Aceunderfire

Reaction score
I might go ahead and leave all those apps out of the room entirely, so people just get and always have the latest market version.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

That would be alright unless having the download issue that I am. I do know much about writing programs but is there a way to fix the signature.