[ROM] [ROM] Droid Concepts Froyo Releases [BETA versions]

OP
woodyman

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com
running now for about 20 hours or so. Found it a little clunky at first. Loaded Chevy 1Gz medium voltage, overclocked it. Running all apps nicely and quick response. Nitpicking a little about the font. The vertical spacing makes views a bit longer than stock. Not a real problem. Look forward to seeing more. Stick with it, many GB's out there.

Thanks for the feed back man.. :)

OP
woodyman

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com
Loaded this up last night and everything is running smooth thus far. I am impressed at the speed/snappiness with it at 600 MHz!! Very nicely done indeed!!

Any plans on adding additional setting in the future (i.e. galaxy S/notification pull down widget, status bar/notification text color changes, etc)? Either way, this ROM it running extremely well ... I will run it through my daily routine and report any issues I may encounter, if any.

A settings app is already in progress, read the end of post #1 and it will give you a pretty good explanation... :)

thanks for testing man.. :)

OP
woodyman

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com
Just upgraded to Build 04, please update, and make sure you install the Froyo Build FOLLOWED By the Google Apps zip

OP
woodyman

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com
+-++-++-++-++-+ +-++-++-++-++-++-++-++-++-+
|D||r||o||i||d| |C||o||n||c||e||p||t||s|
+-++-++-++-++-+ +-++-++-++-++-++-++-++-++-+

Last edited:

Ozzie

Reaction score
I tried #4 for the second time last night and have been unable to get 3g working. Full wipe wipe wipe of course...not the quicky...

Anyone else having issue with 3g?
Do I need to install a previous model and update to #4?

mikedav1

Reaction score
I haven't gsd any issues with 3g on v4. Running good so far. Woody, phine is definately funky.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

djakrse

Reaction score
I just updated to beta 4 from SD7 without wiping and have had zero issues other than having to clear data on Gmail before it would load.

I'm running ChevyNo1's latest LV 1.0 GHz kernel and am running smooth as butter. The stock kernel felt a little non-responsive at times. Usually it seemed to ignore my tapping on the soft back button. It may just be that I've been running Chevy's 1ghz for so long and I'm used to the immediate feedback.

My only opinions so far...
I don't like comic sans. I tried to go back to stock -- the only font update I had on my SD but it wouldn't install. I'll have to replace it soon.

I miss the HTC Sense themed settings replacement I installed. I love your default theming for the statusbar and notification but the stock settings menu needs color for me.

Weatherbug and other Google maps using apps no longer fc on me. That was my only issue with SD7, so I'm loving this!

Thanks Woodyman!

davros

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
I just updated to beta 4 from SD7 without wiping and have had zero issues other than having to clear data on Gmail before it would load.

I'm running ChevyNo1's latest LV 1.0 GHz kernel and am running smooth as butter. The stock kernel felt a little non-responsive at times. Usually it seemed to ignore my tapping on the soft back button. It may just be that I've been running Chevy's 1ghz for so long and I'm used to the immediate feedback.

I don't like comic sans. I tried to go back to stock -- the only font update I had on my SD but it wouldn't install. I'll have to replace it soon.

I miss the HTC Sense themed settings replacement I installed. I love your default theming for the statusbar and notification but the stock settings menu needs color for me.

Weatherbug and other Google maps using apps no longer fc on me. That was my only issue with SD7, so I'm loving this!

Thanks Woodyman!

have you made any calls yet?

djakrse

Reaction score

Thanks Woodyman!

have you made any calls yet?
Sure, why do you ask (I haven't read the entire thread)? I was making calls inbetween flashing different kernels and trying to replace the system font.

djakrse

Reaction score
Oh crap, all the calls were from the call log or answered, so I just saw the in-call screen with the hidden keypad and then rearranged controls. Lol, wtf? Freaked me out for a sec there.

Also, this is a suggestion for the new SD/DCM rom. How about replacing the /system/bin/bootanimation binary with the one from the D2R2D2? The binary and instructions (as if you need it, but for other readers) are available, here.

Replacing the binary enables sound and makes playback of boot animations far more accurate. With the stock binary, small animations like the D1's default animation play quite well, but in comparison you'll find the framerate slows greatly on larger animations. This binary allows the D1 to play even 24 fps boot animations accurately, where the DX starts to lag (I've tested quite a bit and had feedback.) Even if you don't use animations with sound, this is a worthy modification.

I should mention this only works on Froyo roms and will require an update to work on Gingerbread. That's another bonus, probably my main interest, with sticking to Froyo.

Last edited:

djakrse

Reaction score
Several times now, rebooting to recovery has simply rebooted, including the first time. Meaning, I had not yet changed the kernel or applied any other updates. I also liked the UI on the reboot options for SD7. :)

underwaterjr

Reaction score
Rom is working great no problems so far, and everything is working like its supposed to. I would like to get battery % in status bar. Is this coming in with the app you are talking about at the end of post #1? Using a widget uses up valuable real estate.

RSV

Reaction score
The only thing I don't really like is that the dial screen doesn't have an end call button- seems like my phone takes forever to end a call. Great ROM by the way!