[ROM] GingerBread | GimpedOUTM0D 2.3.1 | AOSPMOD

Aram58

Reaction score
Nobody had mentioned using chevyno1's new gingerbread kernels.

They work great for me with gpa10.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
im having an issue with this in all gb roms. The camcorder records fine, but playback skews the video into the wrong aspect ratio, IN STOCK player. They are correct in rock player. Any reason for this?

Aram58

Reaction score
Can you put JUST the boot animation in a zip so I can use it with pete's rom? Please

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
also noticed that setcpu will not actually change the cpu frequency no matter what you set it at. It reads it correctly but rom is taking it to the kernals max and min slots and not allowing it to change. Im using rz lgb 1ghz kernal

OP
davros

davros

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
also noticed that setcpu will not actually change the cpu frequency no matter what you set it at. It reads it correctly but rom is taking it to the kernals max and min slots and not allowing it to change. Im using rz lgb 1ghz kernal

What kernel are you using cuz mine works fine I have 1250 RZkernel set to 1100 max 700 min and I monitor on home screen with temp+cpu monitor, and it always reports correctly , even cpuinfo in terminal reports correctly

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score

What kernel are you using cuz mine works fine I have 1250 RZkernel set to 1100 max 700 min and I monitor on home screen with temp+cpu monitor, and it always reports correctly , even cpuinfo in terminal reports correctly

Using LGB RZ 1.0 ghz, should i be using rzs froyo kernal?
EDIT: tried the stock kernal and chevys and both of them let setcpu change the frequency, so it rz lgb that is the issue.

Last edited:

twistedlim

Reaction score
OK gave this GB rom a whirl. I have not had the best luck with them. Only LFG 1.2 seemed to be acceptable until...this one.
-I had to reboot to get the camera/camcorder to work.
-Reboot to get LP dock to stick.
-Plug and unplug to get the USB recognized.
-Had the ring problem and switched to RZ 125-100 and it rang well even resting with screen off at 125.

These are all minor issues. The stock kernel was smooth as silk and the RZ is just as good. Very nice job on this. I only wish for a battery percentage. That is it. It will hold me over until the Thunderbolt arrives. Thanks!

PS love the boot animation :) it totally confused me when it was booting up the first time.

Aram58

Reaction score
I think google should have made battery percentage an option in the settings for stock android.

OP
davros

davros

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
OK gave this GB rom a whirl. I have not had the best luck with them. Only LFG 1.2 seemed to be acceptable until...this one.
-Had the ring problem and switched to RZ 125-100 and it rang well even resting with screen off at 125.

These are all minor issues. The stock kernel was smooth as silk and the RZ is just as good. Very nice job on this. I only wish for a battery percentage. That is it. It will hold me over until the Thunderbolt arrives. Thanks!

PS love the boot animation :) it totally confused me when it was booting up the first time.

those are really weird issues, but it all works fine now?

I think google should have made battery percentage an option in the settings for stock android.

i can put them in i may make it a "theme" if i have time tomorrow.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score

Did you wipe before install?

twistedlim

Reaction score

those are really weird issues, but it all works fine now?

i can put them in i may make it a "theme" if i have time tomorrow.

They are odd but I had the same problem with Crom and Petes I believe as far as the LP dock change but not with the camera. I think it is something with my phone.
Yes, I did a complete wipe via GLDs method.(I usually even wipe between saved roms) I did not use the RZ wipe and try it yet though. There is something that does not get wiped on my phone me thinks. Anyway all is running smooth. I am charging it up and will report back on battery life. It is really smooth (ala LFY).

Also I did not use tibu to bring back my apps. I reloaded them all manually as I have had some issues with GB and tibu.

Last edited:

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Can you add a reboot and reboot recovery in power options?

OP
davros

davros

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Can you add a reboot and reboot recovery in power options?

not till i get my AOSP source build up and running correctly. that can only be done from source. but yes i am adding it.

Last2No

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Using an old reliable slayher kernel, amazing battery life. 300/1000
Smooth as silk.

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Anybody have an idea about the skewed video playback I mentioned a few posts back?