[ROM] [Rom] Liberty3 V2.0 For The Bionic 11/26 - Sunday Bloody Sunday!

wooddale

Reaction score
Yes, thank you. I see that you are right about Safestrap. It doesn't let you mess with your primary ROM. However, Fastboot and the FXZ do flash your kernel, replacing the kernel installed by the OTA.

angrysemite1818, you do need to get Safestrap out of your system and use Bootstrap for this OTA flashing business. You can uninstall Safestrap's hijack through the app itself.
Guys you can go to settings applications and uninstall anythin you want

rednukleus

Reaction score
The APK is a tool to install the recovery. It's not the recovery itself. Bootstrap and Safestrap both edit /system/bin/logwrapper to be able to get to recovery. These edits need to be reverted when you uninstall one or the other. Uninstalling the APK does not do this. For bootstrap, as far as I know, you have to remove it with these manual steps. Safestrap has an "Uninstall Recovery" button in the app.

angrysemite1818 I just realized that you should not have Bootstrap or Safestrap installed when you apply the OTA. They are irrelevant to any of this. Get rid of them, get your /system/bin/logwrapper back to normal, and try again. They mess with how your phone boots, and since the OTA update needs to reboot, Bootstrap will interfere with the update.

Reaction score
ok i finally got it. thanks so much for all the help guys. i really appericate it.

one last question. once im up and running can i use safestrap or do i have to use bootstrap?

wooddale

Reaction score
ok i finally got it. thanks so much for all the help guys. i really appericate it.

one last question. once im up and running can i use safestrap or do i have to use bootstrap?

If you want to flash a rom like Liberty-- TH3ORY you have to flash it in bootstrap or you can use your stock rom for your primary rom then get safestrap and flash what ever in safe strap. If you want to change your Primary rom you have to do it in Bootstrap. Just delete safe strap and install bootstrap dont have to change anything.

Reaction score
ok i seriously cant win. update is installed and i used foreverroot but i cant get su access. i try updating the binary and it fc's so i downloaded the su fixer and it wont work . ive rerun forever root and it fails.

wooddale

Reaction score
ok i seriously cant win. update is installed and i used foreverroot but i cant get su access. i try updating the binary and it fc's so i downloaded the su fixer and it wont work . ive rerun forever root and it fails.

You dont got him in your app drawer

Reaction score
much thanks guys i finally have it all back up. dont know what the hell went wrong but i finally got it squared away. now i just gotta bide my time for a new liberty update. thanks again guys.

RK KINGKONG

Reaction score

wooddale

Reaction score
any chance we will be seeing an update any time soon?

I just spoke with Jrummy via Email He said the head developer just got married so not to expect anything before the end of the year. When it does come out it will be based on 901. Team Liberty doesnt usually base anything on leaked OTA's. So first we get 901 then update.

foamman

Reaction score
I just spoke with Jrummy via Email He said the head developer just got married so not to expect anything before the end of the year. When it does come out it will be based on 901. Team Liberty doesnt usually base anything on leaked OTA's. So first we get 901 then update.

I'm liking the 901, can't wait for the custom Roms. Keep in mind that Kejar31 has a GNex and that will be his priority. I'm glad to hear he has intends to keep this going.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk