[ROM] [Rom] Liberty3 V2.0 For The Bionic 11/26 - Sunday Bloody Sunday!

wooddale

Reaction score
How long does it usually take google to download your apps taking a long time donty remember it taking this long before wonder if my phone aint screwed up.

nateohio

Reaction score
How long does it usually take google to download your apps taking a long time donty remember it taking this long before wonder if my phone aint screwed up.

Depends on how many you have and what type they are.

I've never trusted the "Restore your device" thing anyways. It's never worked 100% for me when restoring apps.

wooddale

Reaction score
Depends on how many you have and what type they are.

I've never trusted the "Restore your device" thing anyways. It's never worked 100% for me when restoring apps.
everything worked ok just thought it was taking.to.long maybe I was to anxious lol. Liking the rom so far I came from TH3ORY I was really liking the rom but last couple days got big lag don't think it was the rom maybe just had to much crap loaded on gonna take it easy here and see what happens

pabtheghost

Reaction score
i did everything and now im just getting the liberty rom logo with the eagle going in circles on startup over and over. its been doing this for a couple of minutes now...

edit- should this be taking a while with the eagle logo circling or is something wrong? i want to try restarting it, but im afraid it might still be installing or something

nateohio

Reaction score
If its still going at it with the bootlooping thing. Chances are something is wrong. The initial boots always take a long time but usually rectify within 10 minutes.

If its still bootlooping, perform a battery pull, boot into stock android recovery and format data/wipe cache. If you haven't already done this, that's most likely the problem.

pabtheghost

Reaction score
ah, i did the wipes, but then had to reboot because i didnt have the liberty zip in the right place, so when i re-entered the bootstrap menu i should have wiped again? ill try that now.

volume down+power brings up recovery menu right?

nateohio

Reaction score
Nope that brings up fast boot.

What your looking for is hold down both volume buttons and then press power. select recovery. Once the little android guy pops up with the triangle press both volume buttons again to access recovery. Volume down to navigate and volume up to select

pabtheghost

Reaction score
ah. you rock. so im doing the wipe data/factory reset now and i guess wipe cache partition again too?

yessssss got it
<3<3<3

man, that was scary. thought i really screwed up my brand new phone there

nateohio

Reaction score
Just as a side note: When the dev suggests doing a wipe, its usually a good idea to go ahead and do so. Personally, I wipe every time (even if it's not suggested) and I haven't had an issue since I started doing so.

Get intimate with programs like Titanium Backup, SMS Backup and Restore, and ROM Toolbox. They are indispensable when restoring your newly flashed phone. I can usually go from a fresh and clean install to having the phone set up exactly like I had it in about 15 minutes.

pabtheghost

Reaction score
i did, i used bootstrap to wipe everything, but then i realized i didnt put the ROM zip in the right place, so i had to reboot to the stock ROM and didnt realize that by doing a little of the initial setup, just to be able to switch the phone to “mass storage” so i could put the zip in the right place, i would have to wipe again. its totally my bad, but its not like i ignored instructions. i just didnt realize i’d have to do it again.

also, i used clockworkmod to create a backup before i flashed it, which is now stored on the sdcard. between bootstrap and cwm, do i have everything covered for recovery? or is there something that performs additional functions i should know about?

nateohio

Reaction score
Yeah it sounds like you got everything covered. You should be good to go with the recovery you made using the bootstrap recovery. I didn't want to come across as reprimanding you for not wiping, you just didn't make it clear that you had done that and you would not believe the amount of people that flash without wiping and then come here to forums for help.

How are you liking liberty 2.0?

pabtheghost

Reaction score
loving it! but then again, this is my first experience with a custom ROM, so im a little starry eyed right now. im most excited about the battery life extending capabilities though, which are going to take a while to actually evaluate. im trying to find some information now to give me a better idea for how much to underclock my phone now. the default is set at minimum 300MHz- 1000MHzmax but im wondering how much i should drop the max before it starts to affect my phone negatively. this rom toolbox app is killer though.

lots of neat things to do in terms of style customizations, too. im definitely gonna donate (and get that theme manager)

also, i havent seen one, but does liberty3 come with a 3g/4g toggle switch somewhere?

nateohio

Reaction score
also, i havent seen one, but does liberty3 come with a 3g/4g toggle switch somewhere?

Nope, unfortunately nobody has figured out a toggle switch for 4G LTE yet. I use the LTE switch, it's free and takes you right to the menu for selecting CDMA or CDMA LTE.

pabtheghost

Reaction score
one thing ive noticed about this ROM is that dragging widgets from one home screen to another seems a little clumsy

asperber

Reaction score
I had installed the latest 5.5.893 update from online, will this work with that update? Can i still install this rom? How is the battery life compared to stock?