[ROM RELEASE] HeXen ROM 1.0.0 (Froyo) FINAL

Dhex

Reaction score
Ok tested this for a while now. Im having some problems...

Bluetooth would ocationaly not work.
Camera flash not working most of the time? is anyone else having this issue?
Gtalk wont stay signed in unless ive another IM running at the same time (Epinephrine).. very weird.

Who else is having this issues?

wildbill86

Reaction score
Have there been any themes developed for this rom specifically? If so where can i find them?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

DarkDreamer13

Reaction score
Have there been any themes developed for this rom specifically? If so where can i find them?

Yes there are. I currently use the Forbidden Theme which was ported for HeXen. I think you can find 3 or 4 more on the HeXen disscusion boards. Or just do a search. Off the top my head I know i've seen a Mountain Dew one, and a blue and white one. Hope this helps :)

Sent from my Forbidden HeXenated D2G

wildbill86

Reaction score
Thanks, guys I should have looked harder. Do i install the same as a rom, just without wiping cache and data?

DarkDreamer13

Reaction score
Thanks, guys I should have looked harder. Do i install the same as a rom, just without wiping cache and data?

Most Themes I saw had instalation instructions in the first or second post. I want to say when I installed Forbidden theme the OP recommended doing a data/cache wipe before the install. So I did that, then installed the zip file, then rebooted.

klep33

Reaction score
So I really do not feel like reading through this entire thread. I have 4 questions about this ROM.

1. I have to buy the launcher pro key to get full use of it?
2. Can I change the launcher to something other than Launcher pro?
3. My home button does not do anything even though I have the preference checked in launcher pro that I want it to return to my default screen. Is there a fix for this?
4. My lockscreen will not show up at all....any ideas?

Love the ROM by the way

Last edited:

DarkDreamer13

Reaction score
So I really do not feel like reading through this entire thread. I have 3 questions about this ROM.

3. My home button does not do anything even though I have the preference checked in launcher pro that I want it to return to my default screen. Is there a fix for this?

Love the ROM by the way

1)As far as I know, yes, in order to use everything Launcher Pro has to offer you need to buy the key. The ROM only comes with the free version.

2)Yes, I believe you can, but haven't personally tried it. Just download another launcher and unistall Laumcher Pro. When you use the new launcher it should prompt you to set as default, click yes.

3)I don't know why you have this issue, my home key takes me to my default screen.

jcl197

Reaction score
Just wanted to say thanks to the devs this rom was great. But constant hardware issues with my d2g forced a switch to a droid incredible 2. I loved the d2g but after five refurbs with issues vzw gave me an option between this or droid x 2. I learned my lesson and said bye bye motorola.

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

klep33

Reaction score
So I really do not feel like reading through this entire thread. I have 3 questions about this ROM.

Love the ROM by the way

1)As far as I know, yes, in order to use everything Launcher Pro has to offer you need to buy the key. The ROM only comes with the free version.

2)Yes, I believe you can, but haven't personally tried it. Just download another launcher and unistall Laumcher Pro. When you use the new launcher it should prompt you to set as default, click yes.

3)I don't know why you have this issue, my home key takes me to my default screen.

Tried downloading ADW Launcher and nothing came up about using that as the default launcher so I guess you can't change the launcher.

ddalton

Reaction score
Screen unlock

How do I get the screen lock to work when the keyboard is opened, currently hexen auto unlocks when you slide out the keyboard which leads to many pocket dials and application mishaps.

chrisz5z

Reaction score
Was looking for a fast/stable rom for my gf's D2G(I have a Samsung Captivate), working great so far...a lot better than stock

Only small bug i had was after flashing, the slider on the lockscreen would not show right after pressing the lock button. You could tell the screen comes on because it lights up but just shows a black screen. If i'd wait more than around 10 seconds to try and unlock it, the slider would show up fine....Not sure if this helped any but when i selected a different screen timeout time in settings it seemed to fix it

znkr

Reaction score
I have an unlocked D2G running 2.4.330, i rooted it, wipe cache/factory reset, wipe dalvik cache, and installed hexen. And I have a problem, WiFi doesn't work.
I entered Android Recovery and wipe everything and tried again but nothing. WiFi stills says Error and can't be activated.

Any ideas? I now I can SBF it but wouldn't the D2G become locked to Verizon again?

Does anybody know a way to unlock it for free or at least very cheap? I don't know because I bought it unlocked on eBay.

znkr

Reaction score
After loading the SBF and reinstalling Hexen all works fine. I just have one question, is there a way to sync the contacts photos with facebook as the stock rom did?