chevycam94

SteelDroid ROM / Cortex ROM Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
steelroms.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P, VZW Note Edge, D1
No worries guys. Im working on it. But I might have an AOSP-based JB ROM up and working before I get the leak/port fixed. lol We will just have to see.

OP
chevycam94

chevycam94

Developer
Reaction score
Website
steelroms.com
Current Phone Model
I should have a preview of my v2.0 release up to my testers tomorrow. Its built from AOSP, and is still in testing. Might throw out a public preview before the end of the week. Have to see how much time I have free with work and all.

techRob

Reaction score
I flashed the JB for the GNex last night...had to manually re-install everything (no biggie).. however, my gmail account is not syncing with the calendar. It asks me to add a new or existing account, I add an existing (which is already connected to my phone), and it says that account is already in use on this device (well duh).

Anyway, I was hoping there might be some advice before I try reflashing and go thru that 20-30min app install process all over again...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Johnnyb

Reaction score
Any update on this issue? I've just installed 2.0 and have the same problem.

EDIT: I reflashed GAPPS and the calendar started working again.

Last edited:
OP
chevycam94

chevycam94

Developer
Reaction score
Website
steelroms.com
Current Phone Model
Theres another GNex release! v2.5 is up for Toro, and includes the ever popular and useful, NOTIFICATION PULLDOWN TOGGLES! Among other things of course. For those of you that have been following VanirAOSP on GITHUB, I have been submitting some of my ROMS patches and work to them to include in their more global releases. Im still getting the hang of GIT, but Im working with a very cool, and very helpful group of guys. Im technically not part of their team, but rather just help out by submitting some of my stuff that could help them out as well.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Very cool!! Thanks again Chevy!!

"Don't Panic!"
Tapatalk 2_NEXUS 7

usmcamgrimm

Reaction score
I ran Steel Doid on my OG Droid for a while before I retired it; I'm about to flash this new version on my wife's Nexus. Looks good!

OP
chevycam94

chevycam94

Developer
Reaction score
Website
steelroms.com
Current Phone Model
There you have it! v2.6 is up for everyone! This is getting MUCH smoother and a lot faster! Tweaks are just pouring in! As usual, give it about 20 minutes, or so to fully set in. I am still working heavily on this, so theres more mods to come!

ADDITIONAL NOTE!!!
I have joined team VanirAOSP. I continue to do my own ROM building with my Steel Droid touch to it, but will be contributing a lot to VanirAOSP. I know many of you have known me to be a solo developer for the longest time, and thats the way I preferred it. I would still consider myself to be solo, but at the same time, Im helping out VanirAOSP by working on their ROM, pushing commits to their GIT, optimizing images, cleaning up code, and adding features. They are a GREAT (small) group of guys. SonicXML, PrimeDirective, DHOMD, NuclearMistake, AlmightyMegadeth00 and ChevyCam94 (me) are the team members. Be sure to check out their work as well HERE, and if you have something to add to the ROM, send a pull request our way!

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Thanks Chevy!! And congrats on joining up with them!! :)

OP
chevycam94

chevycam94

Developer
Reaction score
Website
steelroms.com
Current Phone Model
There we go! Updated to version 2.7! Check the About Steel Droid section in Settings!

OP
chevycam94

chevycam94

Developer
Reaction score
Website
steelroms.com
Current Phone Model
Also updated the OP with links to the JRO03O radios and bootloader, for those that want to stay as up to date as possible!

mikeew83

Reaction score
So although your teamed up will you continue to keep up with steel droid then

mikeew83

Reaction score
Is there no nav bar mods built in like adding search key changing nav key colors etc if not anyone tell me how to get these features

OP
chevycam94

chevycam94

Developer
Reaction score
Website
steelroms.com
Current Phone Model
So although your teamed up will you continue to keep up with steel droid then

You bet. :biggrin: There are things I want to do to my ROM, that the rest of the Vanir team doesnt want to do to theirs.

Is there no nav bar mods built in like adding search key changing nav key colors etc if not anyone tell me how to get these features

Yes and no. You can add in extra keys, and change what they do, but you cant change the colors or anything. Its under Display Settings.