[ROM] TWO roms?? This guy's crazy!

drod2169

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
For a good review of the feature lists of these roms, read this here, done amazingly by Blair at WJD Designs:
http://www.wjddesigns.com/2010/10/1...oms-updated-10152010-first-droid-x-aosp-rom//

Not really... well maybe a little. The two go hand in hand editing wise, so it was pretty simple to get it together! This is a big weight off my shoulders.. this has stressed me out a lot to get these two perfect. Big thanks goes to ALL of my testers for making this possible!

First up: rubiX Blurry:
Release Notes:
Blurry 0.3:

Based off 2.3.15 (ota)
Completely deodexed, zipaligned, optimized, not like everyone else says, I mean it when I say optimized!
FULL Motorola Blur, get your social networking widgets and photo syncs!
Custom speed/battery tweaks
Tweaks to sysctl.conf
Market apps removed
Wallpapers installed to SDCard instead of in launcher!
Build.Prop mods (Credit to Beesley, edited by me)
Certain System files replaced with LATEST 2.2.1 source build apps (Calculator, Music, Gmail)
Bloatware Removed
LOTS of free space in system! Over 100 mb! I can't remember the exact amount, i'll edit it in when I load it back up
Amazing Boot animations credit to WJD Designs!

INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS:
Open DroidXBootstrapper
Bootstrap Recovery
Reboot Recovery
Nandroid Backup (Just in case you don't want to keep my rom or something goes wrong)
Wipe Data/Cache
Install Zip From SDCard
Select rubiXBlurry0.3.zip
Select Yes
Reboot System
Enjoy :)

Download Link:
http://bit.ly/d0HI4x

The first boot will take a while, so be patient with it loading.

I am NOT responsible by any means for ANYTHING that may happen to your phone. Blame Motorola for locking the bootloader!

I'm a college student working to put myself through school. I dedicate a lot of sleepless nights to this, so please, if you like my work, buy me some Red Bull!
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=TYYWQBR78DW7U

Last edited:
OP
D

drod2169

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Now up we have rubiX Focused

Much loved rom by the masses, Blurless as can be!

here it is:
Release Notes:
0.5:
Now using my OWN base! Based off of 2.3.15, deodexed the ota myself and packaged together!
Build.Prop tweaks (thanks to Beesley)
Market fix to see all apps
System fully deodexed
All apps optimized/zipaligned (Credit to me)
ADW Launcher included
Launcher 2 Built from AOSP, synced and compiled on 10/6/2010
All replacement apps are now AOSP apps, same as Launcher 2. All compiled from scratch.
Bloatware removed (Credit to me)
Over 125 MB free in system!
Google market apps removed (download from market)
Gmail added back in for sync issues. Also compiled from AOSP, as of 10/6/2010 :)
Speed and battery tweaks, as well as sysctl tweaks
Bug fixes from Focused 0.3, Calendar working perfectly!
AMAZING Boot animation from WJD Designs! Thanks!
Few more things that I'd like to keep secret for the time being ;)

This rom is VERY speedy, stable, and loveable, it'll make you want to laugh in Moto's face for the locked bootloader.

http://bit.ly/aP6CmN

INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS:
Open DroidXBootstrapper
Bootstrap Recovery
Reboot Recovery
Nandroid Backup (Just in case you don't want to keep my rom or something goes wrong)
Wipe Data/Cache
Install Zip From SDCard
Select rubiXFocused0.5fix.zip
Select Yes
Reboot System
Enjoy :)

The first boot will take a while, so be patient with it loading.

PATCHES:
Google Search Widget:
http://bit.ly/ciZQCV

Backup Assistant:
http://bit.ly/9nOI6Y

Minimum Brightness:
http://bit.ly/9LDF7b

I am NOT responsible by any means for ANYTHING that may happen to your phone. Blame Motorola for locking the bootloader!

Last edited:

Fadeshy

Reaction score
Just loaded up the Blurry version of your rom. Installation went perfect. Still setting everything up so I'll report back with my thoughts in a bit. If this Blur'd version is anything like the quality of your first release then everyone should be in for a special treat!dancedroid

LOVED THE BOOTANIMATION! Won't spoil it for everyone. You're just gonna have to load up the rom for yourself :wink: Great job!

Porterhouse0

Reaction score
^^^ what he or she said lol i went with the focus .5...everything seems great. Although, and im asking because i dont know, i went to root explorer to remove twitter and noticed alot of blur .apks...what exactly was removed when it comes to blur.

and this might be a theme problem but when i first installed the rom i had the stock calendar widget...i installed 928black glass and the calendar widget is gone. not even in the list of widgets...any ideas on that?

but for those of you out there thinking about d/ling...installation went perfect and rom is flying....I like...:icon_ banana:

EDIT: cancel the calendar widget problem lol rebooted and its there! BUT swype keeps F/Cing :(

Last edited:

bcals0087

Reaction score
^^^ what he or she said lol i went with the focus .5...everything seems great. Although, and im asking because i dont know, i went to root explorer to remove twitter and noticed alot of blur .apks...what exactly was removed when it comes to blur.

and this might be a theme problem but when i first installed the rom i had the stock calendar widget...i installed 928black glass and the calendar widget is gone. not even in the list of widgets...any ideas on that?

but for those of you out there thinking about d/ling...installation went perfect and rom is flying....I like...:icon_ banana:

EDIT: cancel the calendar widget problem lol rebooted and its there! BUT swype keeps F/Cing :(

Try getting the swype.apk and reinstalling. Pull from a system dump, put on sd card, move to root explorer, set permissions and reboot. Try that.

As for the blur that you see, if i'm not mistaken, because this is based off of the 2.3.15 release from verizon, some of that blur is essential to the phone's operation.

Fadeshy

Reaction score

He. lol :)

I downloaded both of them and comparing both files, the version you installed is minus the Blur Alarm Clock, Blur Calendar junk, Blur Email junk, the crappy Blur Launcher, and the Blur Messaging junk. Which are all replaced by AOSP apps. The only Blur in that Rom is the stuff that is necessary for the phone to function, and by function I mean your Dialer, contacts etc.. Hope this helped.

Last edited:

castxaway

Reaction score
Do we need to format everything if we're coming from Focused 0.3?

Porterhouse0

Reaction score

He. lol :)

I downloaded both of them and comparing both files, the version you installed is minus the Blur Alarm Clock, Blur Calendar junk, Blur Email junk, the crappy Blur Launcher, and the Blur Messaging junk. Which are all replaced by AOSP apps. The only Blur in that Rom is the stuff that is necessary for the phone to function, and by function I mean your Dialer, contacts etc.. Hope this helped.

hello he lol it did help thank you.

and in case anyone is reading and wondering...swype is also now working lol im not sure if it was because i added a theme to it or because i rebooted again but everything is just fine now.

bcals0087

Reaction score
market doesnt work

Is anyone else having issues with the market? Any time I try to install something it goes to the lovely bootscreen and then back home...the phone restarts...this sucks lol I need my apps how do we fix this. Other than that I have the vanilla theme on, plus this new launcher this thing now feels like vanilla froyo should have felt. Nice work!

bcals0087

Reaction score
Alright I've tried everything. I've figured out I cannot install anything from the market or the internet. I tried just downloading bootstrap so I could boot back into recovery and redo it all but nothing works. I know I followed everything to the T. I came from .3 and I still formatted everything. Any help??

Soapinmouth

Reaction score
Since this is based off the ota can I still install it if I'm on the 2.3.9 leak? if I can is it gong to put me on the new baseband so I can't sbf anymore? Also if im deodexed n themed well that hurt anything?

GregTard

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
bit.ly
Since this is based off the ota can I still install it if I'm on the 2.3.9 leak? if I can is it gong to put me on the new baseband so I can't sbf anymore? Also if im deodexed n themed well that hurt anything?

The new radio is implemented in the kernel so no, installing this will not give you the new radio. This replaces the system partition so it should be fine installing over the 2.3.9 leak, but if someone would like to definitively answer that, be my guest.

Also, even if you have the OTA, you can use the system SBF available to recover from DroidX ROMs and themes. Since we can't change the kernel or bootloader, 99% of mods for the DroidX are going to be recoverable with the system SBF I would think.