Developer
Reaction score
Themes, Tips & Tricks

Themes - Full & Clean ROMs Only!
Black HTC Status Bar - Full and Clean ROMs Only! - Droid2 Lock Screen

Black HTC Status Bar - Full and Clean ROMs Only! - R2-D2 Lock Screen

LauncherPro - D2 Themed - All ROMs
LauncherPro V0.8.1

Bug Fix for CP30 In Messaging App. Full & Clean ROMs Only!
Download HERE

Market Fix - All Apps should show up in Market - All ROMs.
Download HERE

Install:
DO NOT WIPE DATA OR CACHE WHEN INSTALLING UPDATES!!! No need too.
Install through recovery
Boot into recovery
Mount system
Select which zip to install
Install
Reboot
Enjoy!

Last edited:

rtfield

Reaction score
I was running the full rom for 2 days without any problems but then I went to super clean and it was great for an hour or two but then it got really slow. Any ideas?

Thanks

OP
AngDroid

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I was running the full rom for 2 days without any problems but then I went to super clean and it was great for an hour or two but then it got really slow. Any ideas?

Thanks

No...sorry. I have been running it since I created it and it has not slowed down on me. Do you use systempanel to see what might be causing problem? It will show what is using your cpu/memory.

mrjaydee82

Reaction score
Do u have another link for the clean rom? Im not at home to use my computer. My phone will only download the link lol

OP
AngDroid

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Can i install this over the first one you made or do i have to do a clean install ?

The only changes are with the install scripts. If your ROM is running fine then no need to change it.

Do u have another link for the clean rom? Im not at home to use my computer. My phone will only download the link lol

Not yet...sorry.

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
This selection of ROMs is awesome... :)

I don't think I've seen a more "shopper friendly" ROM release ever.

I'm addicted to 928Droid's BG theme, but still gotta download and try the Clean version - thanks for leaving blur exchange support intact. :)

somken

Reaction score
Will this change the linpack? Or, is the Droid 2 just that much slower then a Droid 1 at 1ghz?

NYC

Reaction score
Does the keyboard back light work in these roms?

Never mind, it began to work after a few minutes...

Thanks

Last edited:

mrjaydee82

Reaction score
I have to say bravo bravo. The rom works flawless. Thank u very much for your time and effort u put in this. I always have 180 memory available when using the phone. Very nice and runs smooth

Now we just need some themes........like black glass or something to top it off. Ps been using this rom all day with no complaints and battery life is increased which is great

Last edited:
OP
AngDroid

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I have to say bravo bravo. The rom works flawless. Thank u very much for your time and effort u put in this. I always have 180 memory available when using the phone. Very nice and runs smooth

Now we just need some themes........like black glass or something to top it off. Ps been using this rom all day with no complaints and battery life is increased which is great

Thanks! If you want more memory free afer first boot then use an app called autostarts if you are not already. You can select what loads at boot and other times.

My ASOP ROM will have more free memory. I am going with the stairght vanilla android setup with most of the standard tweaks and some of my own.

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
Motaboy...you're burnin' up the charts here. :)

I don't suppose you've done any investigation regarding getting the BlurEmail (D2 exchange mail) running on an ASOP build?

That would probably be a cool setup...many of us don't want to leave behind the improved features of the BlurEmail app, especially the search function, but want the benefits of a clean ASOP-based build.

Will you be pulling in any of the CyanogenMod features/tweaks? I ran CM6 on my D1 and really enjoyed that ROM.

Davinci

Reaction score
Great Rom

Thanks Motaboy. This is much appreciated.

OP
AngDroid

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Motaboy...you're burnin' up the charts here. :)

I don't suppose you've done any investigation regarding getting the BlurEmail (D2 exchange mail) running on an ASOP build?

That would probably be a cool setup...many of us don't want to leave behind the improved features of the BlurEmail app, especially the search function, but want the benefits of a clean ASOP-based build.

Will you be pulling in any of the CyanogenMod features/tweaks? I ran CM6 on my D1 and really enjoyed that ROM.

NO I have not yet. I have nothing to do tomorrow so far so I may work on the AOSP some more. I like the D2 exchange email too and I have tried to get it work witht the super clean ROM. It does but the contacts do not sync right away. Everything else seems to be working fine with it though. I only tried for a few minutes so maybe just missing a package. I do not have a corporate exchange account so not sure if any otehr features are not working. What I do is use the Gmail exchange settings with the Email app to test out the basic functions.

To be honest...I never ran CM6 or many of the other ROMs. I always just used the stock ROM and made my own changes to it. I got into the Android ROM making kind of late. What I am doing now with AOSP are my first attempts. I had a strong linux background so I think I am caught up a bit now. The "ROMs" I have posted now I do not consider real ROMs since they are all based on the stock ROM and anyone can make the same mods. I just posted them up for people who may not have the time or dont want to ticker that much with them.

I'll throw CM6 on a Droid and check it out. Need some ideas to make my ROMs stand out from others in the future :)

Oh I did like the saphire builds but the last one I tried had a few bugs in it so I just went back to OEM and cleaned them out.

I am always open to ideas for what people would like to see in ROMs so if you or anyone else have any thoughts please do share.

Thanks Motaboy. This is much appreciated.

No Problem!