Rooted...how to stop the 2.2.1 update from popping...

cloud12077

Reaction score
So I'm rooted, just a basic stock root. The only reason I have root is to have my processor set at 1.1Ghz, wireless tether and to block ads. I don't theme (I've done it, just not my thing). Is there an app that will stop the pop up from showing up every 5-10 minutes. Thanks!

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
No app for this. The recovery you used to install your kernel should block any and all OTA updates.

DroidForums junkie!!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
This kind of varies. It use to be that if you used clockwork or sprecovery that you would accept the update and then it would be blocked and the messages would end. Now it seems that if you accept the update with some ROM's or if you are just rooted like me, the update will apply but the root will be removed from your phone.

I would accept the update and see what happens. Worst comest to worst you have to reinstall the root. I think with your phone it will probably block the update. But I can't guarantee.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Hmmm...good to know! I haven't received an OTA since 2.1 though!! :)

This kind of varies. It use to be that if you used clockwork or sprecovery that you would accept the update and then it would be blocked and the messages would end. Now it seems that if you accept the update with some ROM's or if you are just rooted like me, the update will apply but the root will be removed from your phone.

I would accept the update and see what happens. Worst comest to worst you have to reinstall the root. I think with your phone it will probably block the update. But I can't guarantee.

DroidForums junkie!!

grinch2000cs

Reaction score
i accepted the update and sprecovery blocked it, no more message about update. The original droid rooted using this to root it.

FnTwizted

Reaction score
having the issue after i accept it and its blocked, the update still keeps coming up.... is there a way i could accept the update and then re-rooted? or if there is a forum you can direct me to.

thanks,

hapster

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat. Rooted, but otherwise stock. Sprecovery blocks the update. The update shows up again every couple of days. I'm perfectly willing to unroot, install, and root again. I just have no clue how to unroot.

Sent from my Moto Droid

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Look for Spaz33g and his signature. He has a link called "multiple phones: root them/unroot them" that should help.

I'm in the same boat. Rooted, but otherwise stock. Sprecovery blocks the update. The update shows up again every couple of days. I'm perfectly willing to unroot, install, and root again. I just have no clue how to unroot.

Sent from my Moto Droid

DroidForums junkie!!

steveil

Reaction score
You can unroot using the instructions in the thread.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/re...ck-2-2-without-sbf-rsd-lite-droid-1-only.html

I actually downloaded the already named update.zip file from his dropbox account (with no problems). If you have trust issues you can go get the file form the google server. After you flash the update.zip file you will be unrooted can accept the OTA and then can use the MotoCache1 method to reroot.

dvsgod

Reaction score
i have the message telling me my update is ready install now or later. I went looking in my cache and have a couple of files that came in dec. 18th: Blur_Version.2.3.15.MB810.Verizon.en.US.zip size 26989603 and a .crc file same name size 10. I have a droid x. so removing those files should stop the message. wont know for twelve hours, since i told it to go away.

kyle2351

Reaction score
How to stop the ota updata on the Droid 1 you need. To. Have root and the root explore. And you Wil need to look in /cache/bede60e851bb.signed-voles-FRG83D-from-FRG22D.bede60e8.zip mov it or delete it then go to the. Ota updata. And install it but be for it does unplug. The battyer the put the battyer backing and the notification. Wil be gone

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Engrish?

How to stop the ota updata on the Droid 1 you need. To how root and the root explore. And you Wil need to look in /cache/bede60e851bb.signed-voles-FRG83D-from-FRG22D.bede60e8.zip mov it or delete it then go to the. Ota updata. And install it but be for it does unplug. The battyer the put the battyer backing and the notification. Wil be gone

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

DroidForums junkie!!