Rooted Phone cannot recieve MMS messages

epicshifter

Reaction score
I rooted my fascinate and have root explorer. I have been moving files from /system/app to a directory in my SD card. After moving a bunch of .apk I cannot recieve picture messages. The message that comes up as "downloading - size" and it never shows up. I could recieve after I started moving stuff.

Anyone know what .apk I moved that would make me not be able to recieve picture messages??

Also i moved bing and vznav .apk's and they still boot up automatically on startup. Any ideas??

dr0idg0d23

Reaction score
OP
E

epicshifter

Reaction score
I moved apks to conserve to free up some space in internal memory. I don't see a need to titanium backup for the freezing if you can get same results with moving/renaming apks?

dr0idg0d23

Reaction score
Yes this is true but, as far as system apps I would recommend only moving the apps in the list on that thread I provided you. as far as aftermarket apps from the market go move whatever you like. I ran into this same problem when I first got my fascinate. The only difference was it was my market that no longer worked. The list I provided will not screw you when it comes to the basic operation of your phone.

OP
E

epicshifter

Reaction score
That list is kinda tricky cause apks arent listed. Also if you go by that list i heard messing with mobile 3g hotspot destroys your wifi.... so id be careful recommending that