Rooted SG5, what now?

karte

Reaction score
I rooted my phone with the easy one click method by Towelroot. I'm wondering what are the main benefits of rooting and where to find info about taking advantage of rooting, like what can you do after rooting, any way to remove annoying apps, etc...

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I gotta ask, why did you root in the first place?

You can disable apps with a root apps such as Titanium Backup.

I'm also going to assume you rooted for various improvements so give this a shot for battery life, check out Greenify.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Normally you would research why you would want to root and the benefits to rooting before actually doing so. As mentioned Titanium Backup is a great tool to freeze unwanted apps. However, if you've never used this app before, you'll want to download the Wiki for it to learn the ins and outs as it can be a bit confusing if you've never used it. (I would strongly advise against uninstalling any system apps)
You might also take some time to read up on how to return your phone to stock. Rooting your device voids your warranty so If you happen to run into a hardware problem or need to return your phone for any reason, you won't be able to do so without first removing root. It's best to learn how to do this and make sure it works before you run into any problems.
Personally I wouldn't mess with any battery apps just yet as the S5 already has amazing battery life. I'm a heavy user and my S5 easily lasts me all day with juice to spare.
Good luck and holler if you have any questions.

tap'n on my S5

Last edited:

grenefroggie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Nexus 5
I rooted my phone with the easy one click method by Towelroot. I'm wondering what are the main benefits of rooting and where to find info about taking advantage of rooting, like what can you do after rooting, any way to remove annoying apps, etc...
Find a backup app you like.

- Personally, I use Titanium Backup (requires root) and MyBackup Pro (non-root and root options). TiBu will backup everything you needbin one click. MBP requires two steps as it stores apps, photos, videos and music separate from data (SMS, MMS, call log etc.). I root strictly for use of TiBu.

OP
K

karte

Reaction score
Thanks guys, I mainly rooted to get rid of the bloatware, improve the speed and functionality of the phone. As cr6 mentioned the battery is so far pretty good. I have the Titanium app and will read more about it.

grenefroggie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Nexus 5
Titanium will let you freeze apps. Make sure you find out which apps you can freeze. Some can't be done for one reason or another.