Rooting

jschlis

Reaction score
Hi,

I am seriously thinking of retiring my carrying around two phones. I use a BB and a jail broken iphone 4. Been reading about, played with in store and am very impressed by the maxx hd.I do use a nexus 7, and also have a samsung galaxy tab2 7, so I am familiar with jelly bean and ics.

Each of the 3 phones has functionality that the others do not. For instance the profiles option on the bb is the reason that I keep it and us it as my phone, text and email phone. Rooting seems more difficult than jailbreaking. Is rooting difficult and is there a chance of 'bricking' the phone?

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I am not sure about the root methods developed for the HD yet... but if they are anything like the root methods for the Razr/Razr Maxx, then it's a breeze. It is not impossible to brick your phone. We (our very own Sydman especially) have been very successful in rescuing people's near-bricked crises.

KaChow

Reaction score
Rooting methods are very simple, just need the basic items, phone, computer, the Motorola drivers (installed on pc), make sure USB Debugging is checked (Developer Options in settings). The packages are for the most click and run to get root. The root methods are very simple and easy to run, if there are problems, don't force something. Unplug, reboot, ask a question or better yet contact the Dev and offer a contribution with your question. :yr1:

freebird_78

Reaction score
These don't seem to be working with the latest 9.1.41 JB.

Any ideas or hear anything coming for this?

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
freebird_78 said:

These??? What “these" are you referring to?

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
No specific rooting method was mentioned and .41 has only just been released. What exact rooting method did you try? And was it designed for the latest .41 leak?

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Thanks KaChow! Is there a root method for the .41 yet?

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
freebird_78 said:

Thanks KaChow! I thought it might be too soon to expect a root method for that leak.

Freebird, when you attempt root using any method, be sure to thoroughly read all instructions and information. Pay particular attention to what version OS the root is intended for. You run the risk of ruining your phone if you attempt the wrong root method on the wrong OS version.