rubiX Focused 2.0.1: UPDATED

scubieman

Reaction score
Is the phone doing random reboots fixed yet?

Also anyone have a link how to go from a old kernel to the 2.3.3.40? that this ROM requires?

mugsy77

Reaction score
I've read some folks have this issue, but it seems most frequently with playing with playing with voltage/frequency or editing certain files.

When does this occur?

Sent from my DROIDX

chefjellynow

Reaction score
Since putting this rom on 3 weeks ago i have not had 1 random reboot.
I am OC to 1.3ghz using milestone and its as stable as it gets for me. ty

870hans

Reaction score
I'm on liberty on my dx can I flash this rom over liberty?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums

You'll have to wipe data and cache. Also, any bootup images that liberty enabled will persist. So if you don't like whatever you have set already (default is liberty logo), use the liberty toolbox to change it before you flash rubix.

If you're feeling lucky, you can try to flash without clearing data, but be prepared to boot into stock recovery and clear it when/if you hit a bootloop :)

Thanks

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums

basixs

Reaction score
Rubix 2.0.1 VPN

Hello,
Is there any chance that VPN access is going to be fixed in the Rubix Focused rom? I just found this problem this weekend (when trying to remote in for work) and it's such an issue I am considering dropping Rubix altogether.

I am not trying to be mean, I really dig the Rubix rom and have used it for several months now. However, not being able to VPN into work is a deal breaker...

I read somewhere that a patch might be on the way (but this was a very old post)...

p057080n

Reaction score
Drod, thanks a ton for the ROM, absolutely great work you and others have put into this thing. Runs fantastic on my phone and just about the next best thing to cyanogenmod.

I updated from 1.9.7 straight into 2.0.1 and it worked flawless. Can't say the same about my fiance's replacement nookcolor. this new one is a lot more resistant to upgrading to CM7 than the first one and i've been fighting with it for 3 days straight now. rubix took maybe... 15 minutes? dancedroid Phone is a happy camper and all the other X owners at my office are jealous.

Hello,
Is there any chance that VPN access is going to be fixed in the Rubix Focused rom? I just found this problem this weekend (when trying to remote in for work) and it's such an issue I am considering dropping Rubix altogether.

I am not trying to be mean, I really dig the Rubix rom and have used it for several months now. However, not being able to VPN into work is a deal breaker...

I read somewhere that a patch might be on the way (but this was a very old post)...
You make it sound as if you're actually paying drod to use his ROM...

p057080n

Reaction score
Hiya. Have been enjoying this rom QUITE a bit in the last few weeks.
However, I'm having a problem with the "Phone as Modem" option. I followed the instructions in the txt file, but am getting errors.

I'm on windows 7.
After I create my Dial Up Networking connection, I'm still offline. If I click "connect to a network" in the network and sharing center, I get a pop up with a red x next to my new connection. click it and i get the message "this connection is not available because there is a problem with your modem or network adapter".
In the network connections control panel, it's listed along with my network adapters, but it says "Unavailable - device missing"

are drivers required to get this to work?

are you trying to tether through the USB cable? Why not try using wireless ad-hoc instead? I uninstalled the one that came with rubix and use barnacle instead. It just seems to work better. I downloaded Barnacle from the android market. Absolutely great little application. Love it.

If you NEED to use the USB connection, try switching the USB modes on the phone itself to different modes to see if maybe it just thinks its a flash drive or something.

wooddale

Reaction score
U
Curious! If I have rubix 2.0.1 is the 3g mobile hotspot app Free to use?
No if they knew you had 2.0.1 they would take your phone away. Just kidding thats only for new phones not rooted.

So it IS free? (Thanks for the reply!)
Yeah its free but herd it didnt work too well. If your looking for wireless tether Google (wireless tether) and you will find a place to get it. There i=s also an app called Barnical you can get from the store. Again herd it didnt work well I never tried it. I have wireless tether and it works fine. Good luck

rtyrty100

Reaction score
U
No if they knew you had 2.0.1 they would take your phone away. Just kidding thats only for new phones not rooted.

So it IS free? (Thanks for the reply!)
Yeah its free but herd it didnt work too well. If your looking for wireless tether Google (wireless tether) and you will find a place to get it. There i=s also an app called Barnical you can get from the store. Again herd it didnt work well I never tried it. I have wireless tether and it works fine. Good luck

Downloaded. Thanks so much!

dtwildman

Reaction score
Every time I click the link for the download it says webpage not available or something similar. Is there an alternative link?

vaguhs

Reaction score
So ia the Rubix project ia dead or not?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums