[Rumor] Sample Picture Taken With Moto X Phone

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
motorola-moto-x-camera-sample.jpg

We have another one of those "sample pictures" with EXIF data from a specific phone. This time it's supposedly a picture taken with the new Moto X phone 10MP camera. Of course, these can be faked so we will label this one a rumor for now. It was supposedly posted by a Google employee. The problem with the shot is that it really doesn't give you a good opportunity to see the true quality of the camera. This is because the person taking the picture did it in front of a green tinted window. We can at least see the details in the pic are solid.

What do you guys think? Are there any camera buffs in the forums who can give us their opinion?

Source: PhoneArena

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
That picture if it was really taken from an X is AMAZING!! Actually, it really tells you nothing at all. Taken through a window distorts both the color rendition and the clarity. Almost any relatively decent smartphone camera can take a good picture outdoors in good lighting. The real proof is when conditions are difficult: poor lighting, overcast sky, indoor, subject movement, etc. Wait and see the real thing. I'm always amused by the people who complain about how poor a phone camera is. They all stink compared to a halfway decent dedicated camera. I just hope that they can improve the cameras a little bit. If I want a good picture, I'll use a real camera not a toy camera in a phone.

trestevenson

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huawei Nexus 6P
The reflection of the phone itself looks as though it could be the Moto X in white.