S3 Kit Kat Update for Verizon

strang66

Reaction score
Just recieved an update for my Verizon S3...I wonder if it's Kit Kat

loonamark

Reaction score
Sprint has also confirmed the roll out of the KitKat update for s3 today. Sprint’s own support site shows that the update has been approved for rollout as of May 1, which is today.

OP
S

strang66

Reaction score
I was tricked...it was another jelly bean update

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

rogncincy

Reaction score
Yea I received the update and no kit Kat. Verizon S3. Don't know what it really did.

jared845

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 4
According to the Verizon website, it gave our S3s ability to roam on the Canadian Telus network.

Big disappointment. ...ive already roamed in Canada. ....eh.....when's kit Kat c omming????? Heard it was cancelled....unless its for the international version only

gwhizkids

Reaction score
There seems to be no consensus on whether we'll get KitKat or not. The leaked memo from Samsung (if genuine) seems to say yes. On the other hand, there have been no leaked versions and there does seem to be some concern about whether KitKat will run with all the Samsung and Verizon bloatware attached. I wonder whether the Canadian roaming patch wasn't really some sort of test run to see how the phone would react to KitKat without actually rolling it out.

jared845

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 4
There seems to be no consensus on whether we'll get KitKat or not. The leaked memo from Samsung (if genuine) seems to say yes. On the other hand, there have been no leaked versions and there does seem to be some concern about whether KitKat will run with all the Samsung and Verizon bloatware attached. I wonder whether the Canadian roaming patch wasn't really some sort of test run to see how the phone would react to KitKat without actually rolling it out.

If spring GS3 owners got it....wouldn't u think we would eventually also

skipbl92

Reaction score
So it was announced today that Verizon's version of the SGS3 will be getting Kit Kat 4.4.2. The problem is that the build in their upgrade details is the same build that is currently running on the device (after the Telus minor back around 5/1/2014). See link from Droid Life: Verizon?s Samsung Galaxy S3 Gets Kit Kat Update Today, Galaxy S4 Mini Too | Droid Life

Hopefully the folks at Big Red have figured this out and are changing the build number of the update and changing the build in the details page.

rudywilliams

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto G 4 Plus
Just downloaded.

The apps stayed on the SD card and the device is faster.
uploadfromtaptalk1403298632576.jpg

Update- everything functions better now, but especially the audio quality on calls. I noticed it yesterday, but the real test was calls to 80 year olds across country, both with dirty landlines service. They said it was better on their end as well.

The device seems to have decreased use of cache, freeing resources for multitasking and just better speed. I am pleased.
Sent from my Verizon SCH-I535 Tapatalk