Safe Strap 2 with ICS .230

SDroidDawg

Reaction score
I was just wondering if anyone has tried out the new Safe Strap 2 with ICS .230 on the Droid Bionic. I'm considering doing it but I'd like to know that it has worked and if there were any issues.

Hollywood67

Reaction score
+1

I thought i saw a write up on this elsewhere but i cant find it now. I would like to know too.

bhp117

Reaction score
it works fine for me but you'll have to flash a rom otherwise it won't boot
i've tried cm9 , aokp, liquid smooth all boot fine but for some reason liquid isn't running too smooth on 230 so i'm keeping aokp 7/04 build for now

deduct

Reaction score
Safe strap 2.0 worked well for me too. I tried liquid rom but wasn't impressed. Stock bionic ics rom is just so smooth and stable. I find it hard to believe any other rom will beat it. But i will be happy to try them out when they are available.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

MontegoRX

Reaction score
I didn't like the ICS load, so I'm flashing back to .902 now, then will root and go through the process of getting Eclipse 3.0 back on the phone. It just rebooted and is unpacking .902, so in an hour or so, hopefully I'm back to Eclipse and can figure out how to get all of my backed up data back into the phone.

Hollywood67

Reaction score
Just so I understand this process... I leave .230 ics as my unsafe rom, then go to the safeside to put eclipse 3.0 ( or something else) using safestrap 2

deduct

Reaction score
Hollywood67 said:
Just so I understand this process... I leave .230 ics as my unsafe rom, then go to the safeside to put eclipse 3.0 ( or something else) using safestrap 2

Yes. Accept that eclipse 3.0 will not work because it is a ginger bread based rom. There are a few ics roms that work right now. Stock ics is better than any of those in my opinion.

Hollywood67

Reaction score
OK. I really like. 230 as well. Really no reason to try something else IMO

deduct

Reaction score
Hollywood67 said:
OK. I really like. 230 as well. Really no reason to try something else IMO

Exactly

codygs83

Reaction score
deduct said:
Yes. Accept that eclipse 3.0 will not work because it is a ginger bread based rom. There are a few ics roms that work right now. Stock ics is better than any of those in my opinion.

Lol I'm not the grammar police but I think you meant "except"

deduct

Reaction score
codygs83 said:
Lol I'm not the grammar police but I think you meant "except"

Oooppps. Please except my apologies.

OP
SDroidDawg

SDroidDawg

Reaction score
I didn't like the ICS load, so I'm flashing back to .902 now, then will root and go through the process of getting Eclipse 3.0 back on the phone. It just rebooted and is unpacking .902, so in an hour or so, hopefully I'm back to Eclipse and can figure out how to get all of my backed up data back into the phone.

Other than ICS, I think Eclipse 3.0 is my favorite ROM.

OP
SDroidDawg

SDroidDawg

Reaction score

In the scenario you're giving, I don't think it matters much. However if you're leaving one stock then you want the stock to be on the safeside. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Last edited:
OP
SDroidDawg

SDroidDawg

Reaction score
Ok, I guess I'm going to try to put safestrap 2.0 on my phone this weekend. Thanks guys.

codygs83

Reaction score
SDroidDawg said:
In the scenario you're giving, I don't think it matters much. However if you're leaving one stock then you want the stock to be on the safeside. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Stock would actually be on the unsafe side. Unsafe because if you flash something over it the stock system could be lost or ruined. Trust me its a little confusing. But its a brilliant system. Have stock on one side and whatever rom your testing on the other.