safestrap 2.0 not working??

fasttrek

Reaction score
hi all, i'm a total newb in flashing roms... wanted to have a 1st try at BLACK WIDOW but it requires safestrap v1.09 or 2.0
i couldnt find any 1.09 so i tried the 2.0 instead... but aft i've installed, reboot, and press the menu button during rebooting, it only got me to a black screen with a hat-like image in the middle....and thats it! nothing more.... any advise??

ShadER

Reaction score
I also have been unable to get safestrap to work with ICS. It barely worked on GB and would get stuck in boot 75% of the time.

mars_ill

Reaction score
same problem here too. I'm on rooted GB .181. After installing recovery with safe strap and rebooting I just get a really dim screen with the black hat on it. I tried several times. Once I even started messing with the soft and hard buttons the dim screen turned into another dim screen with a green Android with blue stuff coming out of it's stomach and ass.

OP
F

fasttrek

Reaction score
no cures yet....this is disturbing =.=
any1 out there who've successfully flashed BLACK WIDOW???? i need advice!!! i mean we need advice!!!!!

InVeNtOr

Reaction score
Had the same issue. Got it all fixed now. Did u ever install bootstrap? If so u need to go to system/bin and delete "hijack" and "logwrapper". Then u need to rename "logwrapper.bin" to "logwrapper". I also installed black widow, changed it for symplx.
Safeboot 1.9 is for GB and 2.0 is for ICS.
I also had to do a factory reset and delete internal and external data. I couldn't update to ICS before this point either. I did matts utility 1.51 and my phone went back to. 173. Then i got an OTA for .181 ( my original build). After that installed i got the OTA ICS. Ever since then, phones been awesome. I think u need ICS for BW to load correctly.
I suggest matts utility. If u r on GB, u can do 1.51. 1.7 version is for ICS.

InVeNtOr

Reaction score
Forgot to mention. I used bootstrap v2 to install BW. I think that Was the root of my problem. Oh yeah my phone bricked after BW. It was all fine until i did a back up. After it finished and i rebooted, it bricked. After i stopped crying, google and i got together and figured out how to fix it. All in all, not a big deal.

OP
F

fasttrek

Reaction score
after i've got the ics update, the safestrap 2.0 works fine again =.=
but another thing came up...i've been trying to create a nandroid backup...and it says "ERROR WHILE MAKING A BACKUP IMAGE OF /SYSTEMORIG!"
i'm creating the backup to my external SD (for a while i tot it was my sd card's prob...so i formatted it already) and i included webtop in it...
anyone having the same prob??

InVeNtOr

Reaction score
Not here. Safestrap was quite simple. I dont understand the webtop and system backup options. I just back them up anyway. Do u need to have safestrap disabled to do a back up? Its always been disabled when i do it.

OP
F

fasttrek

Reaction score
Not here. Safestrap was quite simple. I dont understand the webtop and system backup options. I just back them up anyway. Do u need to have safestrap disabled to do a back up? Its always been disabled when i do it.

i think u mean safe system....from what i've found, they say backing up with safe system DISABLED is the most thorough backup with ur stock rom and all..
correct me if i'm wrong :p

OP
F

fasttrek

Reaction score
after i've got the ics update, the safestrap 2.0 works fine again =.=
but another thing came up...i've been trying to create a nandroid backup...and it says "ERROR WHILE MAKING A BACKUP IMAGE OF /SYSTEMORIG!"
i'm creating the backup to my external SD (for a while i tot it was my sd card's prob...so i formatted it already) and i included webtop in it...
anyone having the same prob??

btw...i havent got any solution for the above matter yet zzzzz

OP
F

fasttrek

Reaction score
come one....this has become practically a dead thread....i'm still hoping for a solution!!!!

someone! anyone! just please help out!!!!!:hail::hail::hail::hail::hail:

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Are you trying to perform a backup in safe or non-safe mode?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

OP
F

fasttrek

Reaction score
Are you trying to perform a backup in safe or non-safe mode?

non-safe mode...and the next thing, that error message... any clue what's wrong? i'm dying to install custom rom but i cant get pass this stage!!!!:mad:

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Trying to do a little research for you. You are going to have to hang in there.

OP
F

fasttrek

Reaction score
Trying to do a little research for you. You are going to have to hang in there.

i've tried to look into this prob in lots n lots of other forums and technical supports but i jez cant find solutions...
but who knows u might find something i cant... so thank u soooo much guidot :hail: