Safestrap uninstall

lafont28

Reaction score
Does anyone know what the best way to uninstall safestrap is? Or is sbfing the only way?

Sent from my *bootedASS* D3

vbhokiefan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
open the app, choose uninstall recovery.

open settings/apps/manage and uninstall the app

check both internal and external SD cards for any Safestrap folders and delete them.

OP
lafont28

lafont28

Reaction score
And then I will ok to reinstall bootstrap so I can restore the back up of my stock rom+root?

Sent from my *bootedASS* D3

vbhokiefan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
And then I will ok to reinstall bootstrap so I can restore the back up of my stock rom+root?

you should be good.

just curious, what do you have on the non-safe system now? If it's stock+root, then once you uninstall safestrap and reboot, you'll be back on stock+root. no need to flash a backup

OP
lafont28

lafont28

Reaction score
I had a brain fart and set up eclipse as my non safe that's why I want to get to bootstrapper again. I did what u said and it worked but when I tried to restore the back up I get md5 sum mismatch which seems to be an issue with cwm from what I've read so im just going to fastboot back to stock tonight and start from scratch

Last edited:

vbhokiefan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I had a brain fart and set up eclipse as my non safe that's why I want to get to bootstrapper again. I did what u said and it worked but when I tried to restore the back up I get md5 sum mismatch which seems to be an issue with cwm from what I've read so im just going to fastboot back to stock tonight and start from scratch

No worries. Sorry the backup failed. SBF away! LOL

OP
lafont28

lafont28

Reaction score
Yeh no problems there thanks for the help anyway tho

Phibernaut

Reaction score
I was having MD5 issues as well and chose the same route - to blow Safestrap away and start over with Clockwork.

CWM threw errors during the original restore - its log file indicated something about missing Busybox. Once installed everything went seemingly well... until it bricked upon restart.

I Fastboot/SBF'd back to stock so in the end I got what I wanted, but I'm curious if my Safestrap MD5 errors were also Busybox related...

OP
lafont28

lafont28

Reaction score
I haven't restored any back ups from safestrap yet so I don't if I have any issues with them yet. I did get my cam back up to work by removing the space I put in by accident when I renamed to