Safety Assistance Activation

jhom

Reaction score
I was wondering if there is a way to increase the number of clicks needed to activate the Send Help alerts. The system now requires 3 rapid power button pushes to activate. Can it be increased to 5 button pushes? I mistakenly activated the alerts this weekend and would like to avoid this in the future.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I've found no way to increase the number of pushes required. I ended up shutting that feature off on mine, because I got to a point where I'd accidentally send messages to my girlfriend at least once a week. Haha

OP
jhom

jhom

Reaction score
I've found no way to increase the number of pushes required. I ended up shutting that feature off on mine, because I got to a point where I'd accidentally send messages to my girlfriend at least once a week. Haha
That's unfortunate. I like this feature. It can be handy in the right situation. I'll just have to be more careful with my button pushes.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I agree completely. When I discovered the feature, I posted on Facebook about how cool it was and that I thought every phone should have something that simple to get people help in a desperate situation.

I suppose I could've trained myself to be a bit more careful, but the most common time I sent them on accident, I'd turn the screen off, then immediately remember that I forgot to do something and hit the button to turn it on again, only to twitch just right and accidentally hit the button the third time.

It very rarely actually captured a picture that would be useful if I was actually in trouble. Usually, it was the inside of my pocket, my desk/ceiling, or my lap. Haha

OP
jhom

jhom

Reaction score
I agree completely. When I discovered the feature, I posted on Facebook about how cool it was and that I thought every phone should have something that simple to get people help in a desperate situation.

I suppose I could've trained myself to be a bit more careful, but the most common time I sent them on accident, I'd turn the screen off, then immediately remember that I forgot to do something and hit the button to turn it on again, only to twitch just right and accidentally hit the button the third time.

It very rarely actually captured a picture that would be useful if I was actually in trouble. Usually, it was the inside of my pocket, my desk/ceiling, or my lap. Haha

Typically, I use the home button to turn on the Note 4. So, I don't expect the problem to occur frequently. However, it would be nice to be able to change the number of required button presses to avoid any false alarms.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I agree. I use the home button to turn it on too, but when my thumb is already on the power button from turning the screen on, it's easier to turn it back on right there and that's where I run into trouble.