smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
I like the battery pack - is great to see these kind of accessories released by manufacturers other than Mophie (nothing wrong with their product, competition is good for quality of products).

~sent while mobile~

Last edited:

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
I will be picking this up next month for those days I can not get to a charger!

600x600_1.png

Galaxy Note7 Wireless Charging Battery Pack | Samsung Mobile
The price is finally showing - $90 bucks which will probably be a bit cheaper than Mophie and shipping is projected for mid to late August.

~sent while mobile~

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Here are a couple of images that show it being used...I think you place it on the front when you want to use it but can store it on the back of the phone when you don't need it...

uploadfromtaptalk1470443680036.png

uploadfromtaptalk1470443688002.png

~sent while mobile~

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
They advertise it as a detachable device keyboard. I wonder if that means it can be used while detached too? It doesn't appear to be Bluetooth so I doubt it.

Instead it appears to cover the bottom portion of the phone screen while being used so it apparently operates by using the actual touch screen and perhaps the buttons have capacitative touch pads on the bottoms of the buttons. They would touch corresponding points on the screen which would be a map of the button placements. It seems to simply be a tactile button overlay but without any electronics itself. This is as @Efin said, a way to get the BlackBerry feel.

Since the screen is multi-touch, they can essentially use the buttons to press shift, alt, or ctrl while pressing other buttons for button combinations. It's actually kind of clever, but yes - @cr6 ugly, and you lose that screen real estate the entire time it's covering the screen, so it's kinda quirky.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
It's nice in that the option is available for those diehard BlackBerry folks who may be interested, without actually having to purchase the latest BlackBerry disast.....I mean smartphone.

S5 tap'n

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
I would like the keyboard to use if I had a long email to send. I don't mind the keys onscreen for short messages but some of the emails I have to send for work get VERY long. I think it would be easier to type with that... I just can't get into the whole swype thing...