Samsung Galaxy S4 Display; Love or hate the size?

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
What do you guys think of a 5-inch phone? Do you think it will be too big, or have things evolved enough that it might be just right?

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Bigger the better :) I think it's a great size. I'm tired of my "small" 4.3" screen :)

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
How can you not like a Bigger screen than the S3 yet slightly Smaller?

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
5" is perfect

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Love the size as a phablet, my nearsightedness is reversed with contacts, so microprint of the typical smart phone is a bit small, but as a phone...meh. I'm not going to be caught dead holding that billboard against my face. Bluetooth for me or no calls at all. :blink:

equake

Reaction score
Neither love or hate only that the entire former factor fits in the hand comfortably.

The entire fone needs to be looked at especially the resolution, screen tech, proc, battery sizes to offer balance. With a higher resolution screen it's going to need a faster processor, bigger battery to support it which starts to dictate case size so the list goes on...

In part Samsung is as formulaic as Apple in that it uses what has worked successfully. More evolutionary tech than a revolution for each gen fone.

My 2 cents

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk HD

kevsgroove

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I've held the S3 enough that it feels pretty good, and with the S4 being slightly smaller, it should be perfect. All comes down to function though, for me.

DessoThumbs

Reaction score
My wife thinks it's a bit too big, but then again, she always has

:biggrin:

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Wanna see too big or close to it?? The note 2 is a big device to have..yet it wasn't uncomfortable...took a little getting used to..so 5 inches wouldn't be bad...

ROOTIMIZED!!!

jspradling7

Reaction score
Having owned the Galaxy Nexus since day one, and recently the S3, I'm used to the physical size of the S4 already. So getting a bigger display in the same frame is fantastic. My wifes Note 2 is just too figgin' big to be handy.

bbtkd

Reaction score
I've always carried my phones in a belt clip holster. The Bionic seems pretty big on my belt, and now that I'm eying the S4 I'm wondering if this will start to look/feel like carrying an iPad on my belt. I'll probably get the Seidio Surface case/holster combo as I see they are working on it.

Bluesman2008

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GS5
As long as it fits in my shirt pocket, I'm looking forward to a little bigger screen.