Samsung Galaxy X Will Have 4K Foldable Display and Arrive Next Year [Rumor]

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
samsung-foldable-tablet-1.jpg

Here's a rumor that should definitely be filed under the "wishful thinking" category, but it certainly would be amazing if it proved true. Supposedly, Samsung is really planning on shaking up the mobile industry next year with a brand new line of smartphones with a very innovative design.

The new line will be called the Galaxy X series, and it will include a foldable 4K display like we have been hearing other rumors about. Here at HQ, we have no doubt that this type of phone will become a reality at some point in the future, and we have no doubt that Samsung is working on it; however, it seems unlikely that tech this advanced will come out in 2017.

If we are wrong, the rumors suggest the Galaxy X smartphone will have a diamond PenTile subpixel arrangement and fold in half like a wallet. While we might doubt the veracity of this rumor, that does not mean we aren't openly hoping that this turns out to be true. It could be the first big industry shift we have seen in a very long time. What do you folks think?

Source: SamMobile

Last edited:

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Could this be the Galaxy X?

samsung-foldable-smartphone.jpg

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I hope it folds to a nice compact size, and not some 6.5" monstrosity that folds out into a 15" screen.

If it's a wallet billfold-type, then I hope there's a third screen on the outside for normal phone use. But otherwise I love the idea of a phone that unfold into a tablet. Just not a phablet that unfolds into large screen tv.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I hope it folds to a nice compact size, and not some 6.5" monstrosity that folds out into a 15" screen.

If it's a wallet billfold-type, then I hope there's a third screen on the outside for normal phone use. But otherwise I love the idea of a phone that unfold into a tablet. Just not a phablet that unfolds into large screen tv.
I opened my S View cover for my Note4 and imagined it being full screen across both the phone and cover. Not quite a full screen TV but I could definitely live with a phone that large that opens up to that large because it's still not larger than my hand when laid sideways across it though forget about 1 hand usage.
ccbbc391cc02e3a1a298ca569ae1bf34.jpg

I totally agree with the 3rd screen, even if it's only as large as the view area of the S View cover that's plenty large for using as a camera viewer , texts notifications ,or phone.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><

Last edited: