Samsung S6 Phone App takes over my device when on call.

DunDun

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
"Sammy Davis" Galaxy Season 6
Hello, I was a happy dedicated Verizon Motorola device owner until the Bionic debacle occured. I probable would've stuck with motorola devices but, the Nexus 6 was just too big for me to lug around. So I went with the Samsung S6, while it's not the perfect solution I hoped for it's ok for a daily driver even though it's not rooted.

But I just noticed one huge problem. Most of my calls lately are short, I don't spend a lot of time talking so it surprised the heck out of me when I decided to look at my calendar in the middle of a call and discovered I couldn't! Every droid I've ever owned I was able to continue a call and open a browser, play a game, text, edit update tasks and calendar, but this Samsung S6 won't let me out of the phone app during a call.

Is this the norm or do I have a bad OS install?

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Yes, you should be able to open other apps while on a call. What happens when you try? Restart your phone. While in your next call, hot the home button (can still access call via notification panel) and open your calendar. That should work.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

OP
DunDun

DunDun

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
"Sammy Davis" Galaxy Season 6
Thanks, I switched to a different dialer then tried your suggestion. So I don't know if my dialer was the problem or not, but I can switch out now... previously the home button did nothing!

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
There should be a minimize icon on the in-call screen that turns your current phone call into a minimized window and places it on your homescreen. On my phone it is in the top right corner of the in-call screen.