Saved contacts showing up as numbers

YoungDrea

Reaction score
So whenever I receive a text message it no longer says the senders name, it shows their phone number. Which is annoying because I then have to go thru my phone book and match up the number to see who is texting me. How do I fix this?!

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

Is it doing it to you as well?

Is this something that you noticed starting happening immediately after the OTA update last week?

mine does this as well, but ask do I want to add this number to an existing contact. I assumed it was because i had not included area code or some small difference between the two numbers.

Yes it happened after the update

i have the same problem. i just got my phone a few days ago, and it only does it to a few contacts in my phone, n then the rest show up as their name n picture. is there any way to fix this?

Download Handcent SMS from market. Droids #1 rated text app. *Extremely* customizable

i dont wanna download anything to my phone, i just need to find a way to fix it, cause its only happening to one contact

I used to have Handscent it was overall very great but ended up uninstalling because everytime I'd reboot my phone, it would re-send old sent texts, thus annoying a lot of ppl.

FYI, the new update has fixed this problem.

I randomly had this problem start today, only numbers. Also, my phone doesn't seem to be signed into my Google account so i cant use paid apps that check the license, the market closes as soon as I open it, and the setup crashes when i try to do that. I downloaded the small update and it did nothing. I really don't want to do a factory reset and redo all my apps. Also, I tried reprogramming

Back