Saving pics from Txt messages or facebook....

forw8tloss

Reaction score
Hi,....I just got my first smartphone...a Droid RAZr HD....and I was trying to put some photo's on my phone and I only get the option to save as "contact photo" or "wallpaper"...I would just like to save them to the gallery...I haven't yet bought an SD card for the phone...is this the problem?

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
im thinking yes but im not positive, i looked through all the settings and i cant find any where to change it to or from internal storage.

Brightonbrad

Reaction score
Normally you long press on the photo or video and there should be an option to save it to either SD card or internal storage

ambrown

Reaction score
In the facebook app the easiest way to save pictures is to hit the menu (the three vertical dots) and then choose either "share" if available, or if not choose "more" then "share" and share it to another app. I like PicsArt as it allows me to rename (if I so choose) and save immediately. Plus it has some of the best image editing options I've found in an Android app. The only downside I've found to PicsArt is that you must exit the PicsArt app after every save, which makes saving multiple photos a bit of a pain. But it works. Really, you can use any app that facebook will let you share to. So you can play around till you find what works best for you.

If you're downloading straight from the mobile web site then choosing the biggest version and long pressing to bring up the menu to save is the best option.

I don't download many pictures from texts as they are usually low quality, but my guess would be long press and then save? I don't know, I'll have to try it myself and get back to you on my results.

OP
F

forw8tloss

Reaction score
I finally found out about the long press AFTER I went out and bought a 16g sd card....I had tried that before but it was only zooming in and out on the pic...I am sure there are millions of things I dont know about this phone.... thank you all for your quick responses to my dilemma on trying to put my out of state grandsons picture on my phone...