Screen cast to smart tv

Wadman

Reaction score
Ok. So I have an Insignia Roku tv. I bought it back in June and absolutely love it. However, I am having issues with casting my Droid Turbo 2 to the t.v. Sometimes it will randomly work, other times it won't. I contacted Insignia and they informed me that it must be my phone. Also, with this particular t.v. I don't have to be connected to wifi for it to work. I know this because I have no wifi at my house and I have gotten it to work a few times. I guess my question is: why does it work only sometimes? Has anyone else had issues with mirroring with their turbo 2? If so what solutions do you have? I need this because we watch movies and i hate using all of my hotspot data. Any help would be appreciated.

I think the Turbo 2 has Miracast built in, and don't think you need a wifi connection to use Miracast? I could be wrong though, I only used it once....years ago.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Don't thank me yet, I'm not 100% sure.

And not sure why the OP was able to get it to work sometimes, but not always.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Yeah it's weird. I know that I can use it without wifi but it's just odd that it works sometimes and then poof, it doesn't. maybe it has something to do with the t.v. Oh well. I will figure it out. Thanks for the responses.

On your Turbo 2, in Settings > Location > 3 dot menu > Scanning. Is Bluetooth and Wireless scanning turned Off. When those are On that is known to cause interference with existing WiFi or Bluetooth connections. Just a thought.

On your Turbo 2, in Settings > Location > 3 dot menu > Scanning. Is Bluetooth and Wireless scanning turned Off. When those are On that is known to cause interference with existing WiFi or Bluetooth connections. Just a thought.
I hadn't thought of that!! Ill check right now and when I get home I will see if it works. Thanks again! That's why I love this site. Great people here.

Back