screen locks during calls, can't hang up, makes me unlock droid to hang up

hibiscus27

Reaction score
hello

need help, yet again

how can i stop my droid from locking up during calls. its starting to irk me to have to unlock the phone before i can hang up on the call.

thanks in advance

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Don't know what you're talking about. The phone goes black when it contacts the face but when you pull it away everything is suppose to be there. If it isn't I would suspect you have a defective phone.

JamesX

Reaction score
He means the sleep mode.

I have bluetooth, and the phone would goto sleep while on a call and lock.

I then have to draw the pattern to unlock it.

rocketman45

Reaction score
On occasion, and there seems to be no identifiable pattern to this, during a call when I pull the phone away from my ear/face the screen remains dark. To wake it back up I just quick push the power button. When I do this it wakes back up to the phone screen and I do not have to unlock it again. It is a bit of an inconvenience but not a big deal. Can be more of an annoyance if I'm on a call that requires inputting numbers on the dialpad when interacting with a directory menu of a business I am calling. Most of the time the screen wakes right back up when I remove the phone from my ear just like it's supposed to.

thesandman51

Reaction score
Mine's been doing this too since yesterday.

I have to unlock the screen to answer or hang up the call.

Debbie

Reaction score
Grouping my contacts

Can someone please tell me how to group my contacts once they are in the phone? I imported them today, and have figured out how to assign ringtones (thanks to your forum!) but can't find anything about grouping.

Thanks.

OP
H

hibiscus27

Reaction score
Don't know what you're talking about. The phone goes black when it contacts the face but when you pull it away everything is suppose to be there. If it isn't I would suspect you have a defective phone.

keywords "supposed to be there"

when i bring it away from my face and go to hang up on the call, the phone locks. i need to do my pattern to unlock and then it allows me to hang up.

no fixes for this anyone?

OP
H

hibiscus27

Reaction score
Mine's been doing this too since yesterday.

I have to unlock the screen to answer or hang up the call.

mine's been doing it since yesterday too.
i thought i could live with it..but its truly getting annoying

JamesX

Reaction score
Can someone please tell me how to group my contacts once they are in the phone? I imported them today, and have figured out how to assign ringtones (thanks to your forum!) but can't find anything about grouping.

Thanks.
You Can do it by downloading an APP (Forgot the name, My new DROID comes back tomorrow, old one was returned to Verizon).

Something like Contact Plus or something.

Or you can log into Gmail and manage the contact into different groups.

AFAIK the default Contact Program doesn't show grouping.

hustler616

Reaction score
yes mine has also been doing this, was looking for the answer to it myself. Dont seem like any kind of pattern just doing it random. It is a pain to have to swipe it to hang up a phone call, or answer another call.