Screen protectors

ziggbear

Reaction score
Hello, looking for a cut to fit screen protector, can't find them in stores, is there another cut to fit screen protector from a different phone that works the same?

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Maverick0984

Reaction score
Hello, looking for a cut to fit screen protector, can't find them in stores, is there another cut to fit screen protector from a different phone that works the same?

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Are you sure you actually need one? The glass on these are exceedingly difficult to scratch. Any sort of required force to do any damage to them would cause actual cracks, of which a screen protector would do nothing for.

There are countless videos of people taking car keys to the OG Droid's glass with not a single mark left afterwards. The Droid 3 has the same glass, referred to as Gorilla Glass.

I wouldn't waste the money, a case on the other hand, is a different story.

bgrubb7

Reaction score
After almost 2 years of carrying my Droid in my pocket with keys and change, with no protector... I have a total of 3 small scratches on the screen. I can attest that the glass is some seriously tough stuff. I have also dropped this thing onto concrete more times than I can count, with no glass breakage at all.

That said... I am a fan of the anti-glare screen protectors which help a great deal when outdoors, and I will probably use one on my next phone.

DPilot

Reaction score
I use screen protectors on all of my devices; I just don't want to risk it.

That being said, I have tried a couple of different screen protectors from Amazon: EMPIRE and Halo. I wrote customer reviews for both on Amazon, so you can check out the long versions there. Short version: I'm using the Halo screen protectors now.

The only thing I'm running into with these is that after a couple days with it applied, there is a rainbow effect when viewed from an angle. Not sure exactly what caused it, whether it be something I subjected the phone to, or if its the nature of the protector itself. I'm gonna give another one in the pack a shot before updating my review.

militant

Reaction score
I got some cut to fit screen protectors for like 2.99 on amazon. two come in one pack, messed up the first one, got the second one 99.9% perfect with no bubbles. Had it on over a week seems to be holding great, especially since I have a case that prevents the borders from accidentally getting pealed up and allowing dirt and air to get in.

GENTANI

Reaction score
What are the privacy screen protectors called? Any of those out and good?

LT*

Reaction score
I used the Steinheil on my D1 for a while when I first got it. I ended up taking it off and going without for the past year plus with not one scratch. I plan on not using one with my D3 either. The gorilla glass is pretty good stuff and damn hard to scratch.

digipoo

Reaction score
I used the Steinheil on my D1 for a while when I first got it. I ended up taking it off and going without for the past year plus with not one scratch. I plan on not using one with my D3 either. The gorilla glass is pretty good stuff and damn hard to scratch.

I'd rather be safe than sorry. As mentioned "damn hard to scratch" doesn't mean it isn't possible. I'd rather have comfort of mind that any possible scratches that I would incur is on the protector rather then the screen. I also use screen protectors since they seem to be easier to clean than the screen itself (might just be my imagination).

spikejnz

Reaction score
I got the OG Droid the day it came out and just got my Droid 3 yesterday. With my OG Droid, the screen chipped within the first week of owning it. However, I also had some hardware issues with that device and Verizon swapped it out with a new one.

For the next phone, I ordered a screen protector from BestSkinsEver.com. Seriously, they are awesome! A screen-only skin is $6.99, whereas a skin for the entire phone is $8.99. I still have the skin on my OG Droid (which I'm flashing for use on Cricket and selling on Craigslist...for what I paid for it) and it's in perfect condition. I've dropped my device multiple times--scratches and dents in the metal bezel around the screen--yet not a single scratch on the screen itself.

Best of all, no interference with the capacitive screen! Seriously, BestSkinsEver. You won't be disappointed.

mexizag

Reaction score
Just went to that website as I feel safer protecting my screen as well, and they have not come out with one for the D3 yet.

Submarainesailor

Reaction score
Spike,
The website indicates the item is not available yet. You can click on the "notify me" link to get an email when it is.