Screen unresponsiveness

r7av7en7

Reaction score
Surprised I didn't see this at the top of the thread list, however please check out the following video.

[video=youtube;PQRgT3gtmsI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQRgT3gtmsI&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Verizon HTC Incredible - Unresponsive Screen Test 4[/video]

I tested this with my incredible laying on a hat I have, just to give it a soft surface, and my screen is hardly responsive as well.

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Mine is just as snappy as if it was in my hand.... *shrug* I put it on a hat as well.

Edit: just tried it on a variety of surfaces, and it still works fine.

So I guess the reason you didnt see a post on it, is because its not a widespread issue.

Last edited:

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Another thought is, certain people's hands react differently to capacitive touch screens. I've heard stories of folks who can't use a trackpad on a laptop due to it not registering their touch. Sounds like something similar here.

JCo352

Reaction score
I find it hard to believe, that three Incredible's in a row, with the same problem, is not a widespread issue.

OP
R

r7av7en7

Reaction score
I know mine does it, I can put an iphone on the same surface that works fine but when I put my incredible on it I get almost nothing. if my incredible is on a hard surface or in my hand it works fine. My room mate has one as well, I will test his when I get home. I'm putting the phone on top of a fedora hat, so it's a pretty soft surface, not like a ball cap or anything.

r1tony

Reaction score
good thing i never use it on styrofoam.. lol. never had an issue.

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I find it hard to believe, that three Incredible's in a row, with the same problem, is not a widespread issue.

Read my second reply. Maybe its not the phone.

JCo352

Reaction score

Yes, I read it, but that doesn't seem to be the case. He did the same test with a Moto Droid, and a HTC Droid Eris. If he was the problem, then it wouldn't work for any of the phones.

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

Yes, I read it, but that doesn't seem to be the case. He did the same test with a Moto Droid, and a HTC Droid Eris. If he was the problem, then it wouldn't work for any of the phones.

That would be true...if they were all the same touchscreen and they are not. Different manufacturers and tech.

OP
R

r7av7en7

Reaction score
Can anyone else confirm it? I just tried it on a pillow and I had the same result.

Mule65

Reaction score
My guess this is caused by static electricity or grounding. Metal vs plastic case. But really, who cares?

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
My guess this is caused by static electricity or grounding. Metal vs plastic case. But really, who cares?

Obviously, the poster and the person who made the video?

By the way, that can't be it, because it worked on a hard table top that was...not metal or plastic. It was some sort of laminated finish.

Last edited: