SD Card recommendation

Bpowder33

Reaction score
What is the max size sd card that works with the rezound? Also, anyone have a link or suggestion for a seller?

acejavelin

Reaction score
64GB is the max, although the ones you buy will not work out of the box as they typically have the incorrect file type, and will need to be formatted on a PC in FAT32 (and Windows Vista or newer requires a third-party tool to do it, XP can do it with it's built in format tool though). Most 32GB cards will work out of the box, but lately I have seen some that are not FAT32 either. Since ICS the Rezound has not had a built in formatting tool for SD card.

Amazon or Newegg is usually the way to go, although for SD cards I often get really good deals at Micro Center... The Rezound's access of an microSD is fairly slow, so anything faster than a Class 4 really won't give you any performance advantages in the phone itself (although it might if you move it to your PC).

Dalvik_Cache

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have a 64GB Sandisk class 10 card in my S4. Works like a champ.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

wcjeep

Reaction score
I'm also using the Sandisk 64gb Class 10 from Amazon. Class 10 might be more than needed on your Rezound. The Class 10 should also work in a future phone if you upgrade.

OP
Bpowder33

Bpowder33

Reaction score
@acejavelin are the 32gb class 10 formated properly out of the box from the Amazon link above?

Thx to all for replying :)

acejavelin

Reaction score
@acejavelin are the 32gb class 10 formated properly out of the box from the Amazon link above?

Thx to all for replying :)
I honestly can't tell you, I haven't gotten a Sandisk one in a while, most of the ones we get are MicroCenter (generic) or PNY and at 32GB are usually FAT32, although some 32GB and all 64GB cards have been coming exFat.

Irregardless, as long as you have a card reader in your PC and get one with a micro to full SD adapter, it shouldn't matter... the process of formatting the card is simple, you can use GParted, Paragon Partition Manager, EaseUS Partition Master, or any number of free partition tools available, or FAT32Format (Command line or GUI) which can format up to 2TB in FAT32.

If you don't have a card reader, grab one on Amazon that supports SDHC, they are under $5, I have been using this one that is $3.69 and free Add-On shipping for some time with no issues, but any one should do as long as it supports SDHC.

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
as far as i know, all versions of windows can format it to fat32 without an external program. just right click the sd card in the "computer" folder, choose "format", then a menu should open. under "file system", change it to fat32, then click start.

none of the ones i have bought came formatted to fat32.

hope that helps :)

tannins

Reaction score
Sorry to hijack, but op seems to have answer. How do you save than restore files when you switch out the sd? Is it simply saving those files to pc then moving them back on to new sd card? Or will it not be a simple drag and drop sort of procedure? Thx.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
as far as i know, all versions of windows can format it to fat32 without an external program. just right click the sd card in the "computer" folder, choose "format", then a menu should open. under "file system", change it to fat32, then click start.

none of the ones i have bought came formatted to fat32.

hope that helps :)

Riddle me stupid but why not format it on the phone? I've never formatted a new card on the desktop before using on a device. Has something changed I'm not aware of?
Just a couple of weeks ago I got a Wi-Fi SD card for my camera, Transcend 32gb class 10, and formatted it fine on the camera itself. It replaced a SanDisk 32gb class 10 non Wi-Fi that I also formatted on the camera and both work fine for moving data to/from my tablets and desktop. :confused:
As far as your question above I've used both methods with success but prefer drag and drop of entire folders vs individual files. I drag and drop to the desktop then drag and drop back onto the new card if I'm not saving a backup of them onto the desktop

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
Riddle me stupid but why not format it on the phone? I've never formatted a new card on the desktop before using on a device. Has something changed I'm not aware of?
Just a couple of weeks ago I got a Wi-Fi SD card for my camera, Transcend 32gb class 10, and formatted it fine on the camera itself. It replaced a SanDisk 32gb class 10 non Wi-Fi that I also formatted on the camera and both work fine for moving data to/from my tablets and desktop. :confused:
As far as your question above I've used both methods with success but prefer drag and drop of entire folders vs individual files. I drag and drop to the desktop then drag and drop back onto the new card if I'm not saving a backup of them onto the desktop

Support Our Troops!!!
<><

i said that because of this quote from post #3 "Since ICS the Rezound has not had a built in formatting tool for SD card."
i dont have the phone, just offering suggestions off what was posted.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
So the "erase all" is just that and doesn't reformat. Thanks for the info

Support Our Troops!!!
<><

acejavelin

Reaction score
It appears so, because in the Rezound there is no format tool since ICS was officially released, so you must format it in something else to get it to work. And I am not aware of one in the Play Store or other place to get one. I haven't dug around in any of the custom to ROMs to see if it has them though.

OP
Bpowder33

Bpowder33

Reaction score
well I ordered a couple 32gb sd cards from amazon today for the wife and I...should be plenty of space for our music... thx to all for the good info...if I run into any formatting problems I'll shout out...

OP
Bpowder33

Bpowder33

Reaction score
Got the class 10 32gb SanDisk in today from the Amazon link above. Thx Wicked! They came formatted FAT32.

@tannins I simply copied files to pc from old sd card and transfered to new card using a card reader.