seidio cases or otterbox ones that is the question

astscott

Reaction score
i was looking at some reviews and still dont know which to pick anybody have some advice im trired of walking around with a naked G nex (invisable sheild coming soon)

bsmith0731

Reaction score
i was looking at some reviews and still dont know which to pick anybody have some advice im trired of walking around with a naked G nex (invisable sheild coming soon)

Just got an otter box for my nex and it feels sweet. Can even use the clip as a kick stand.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

scdown

Reaction score
The Otterbox Commuter was a great case for my Bionic - now, with the Nexus, I feel like the silicone AND the hard shell would widen it a bit much for me. I've got an order in for the Seidio SURFACE combo.

Vakharn

Reaction score
I used a Seidio surface case for 2 years on my original Droid. It saved my phone from two falls, one onto a hard tile floor, and the other onto asphalt. Frankly I think all these heavy duty cases are overkill. The Galaxy Nexus is a much lighter phone than the original Droid and despite people's claims that it feels flimsy, it seems very solidly built to me. Bear in mind that I was using the holster on my Droid both times I dropped it, and I will be using it on my Nexus. It provides a very solid extra layer of protection, and while I don't wear it on my belt, I do clip it over the outside of my pocket, which keeps the phone from falling out. The only complaint I have about the Seidio cases is actually about the holster, which is that after about a year and 3 months the spring broke in the clip that holds the phone in place, and on my replacement the pin that goes through the middle of the same clip to hold it in place got a bit loose so it doesn't grip the phone as tight as it should. It still works, but considering how much Seidio charges for these cases it's rather annoying. Personally I would recommend buying any Seidio case off Amazon instead if you can find it, as it will usually be cheaper there.

Edit: forgot to mention the two best things about the surface cases. They're REALLY thin, and REALLY grippy. I never feel like I'm going to drop my phone when it's got a Seidio surface case on it, and it adds very little to the overall bulk of the phone.

OP
A

astscott

Reaction score
well im kind of leaning tward the active seidio case or the commuter otterbox one
the kickstand would be cool and i want a clip

OP
A

astscott

Reaction score
I have a Defender with the built-in screen protector taken off and an Invisible Shield installed. I like it very much.

how easy is it to take off the built in one razor blade? or it just pops out if u push hard enough

qwopzxnm

Reaction score
A couple things on the Siedio. As mentioned by other people prior to this, Seidio is saying that they will not work with the extended battery and cover. Also, a reviewer on Amazon is saying that the Surface case has the hole for the three prongs cut into the wrong side of the case. If you look at the video review below (40 seconds in), he points to that hole as a place to put a coin in to help you remove the case but I think it was a screw up on their part and the hole is cut into the wrong side. I'm not sure how important it is to have access to those three prong contact points, but it's worth pointing out.

(Thanks to Vakharn for the video)

[video=youtube;3IG8n5Vuz-s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IG8n5Vuz-s[/video]

WPThunder25

Reaction score
how easy is it to take off the built in one razor blade? or it just pops out if u push hard enough

It's very easy. I took a pocket knife and wedged it between the plastic and screen protector then it just came right off. It leaves some glue residue on the plastic so I would use some Goo Gone to get it off.