Seidio / Innocase -- D2 Case and Docking Station?

masterxchief

Reaction score
Looks like they photoshopped the front view of the case. Clearly the case is upside down and the droid eye is flipped.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

m42technic

Reaction score
Just ordered one :)

\

Sweet! Let us know how it is when it comes! I was more than impressed by the Innocase for my D1, but I wanted to see one in the flesh before I ordered one for my D2... Seidio's badly photoshopped pictures aren't particularly assuring. :)

roboots21

Reaction score
I will take some good pictures when it comes and share how it is when I get it .. hopefully end of the week .. :)

Cunha

Reaction score
Eagerly awaiting the photos. I can't decide if I should get a seidocase or keep running my D2 in the waterfield ultrasuade sleeve.

xCore

Reaction score
My seidio case and holster arrived this morning. They're beautifully made and fit very well together but... the seidio case does not fit in the cardock. I'll have to look into making some mods to the dock to get it to fit tho. Temporarily I removed the back of the seidio case and I'm using the back piece of the verizon case/holster combo (the textured one) and it fits well in the dock like that as well as in the seidio holster and the verizon textured holster. I was really hoping this case would fit without modding the dock, where it actually looks like the conflict is is the edges/sides of the back of the seidio case come up a bit higher and sanding those down about a mm or two should do the trick.

xCore

Reaction score
so here's the side verizon hatched case..
2z4g64p.jpg

.. in the dock..
n2bdc1.jpg

the case fits behind the tabs
2884cio.jpg

now the edge of the seidio..
oaayc8.jpg

you can see how the case wraps much higher on the edge

doesn't fit behind the tabs..
2v7z48z.jpg

so yeah.. as my previous post.. i'm going to cut down the two side edges of the seidio case a bit and get this baby to fit

update...

15 seconds worth of grinding later...

it fits behind the tabs..
2r599fk.jpg

a little sloppy but it works
29o4djk.jpg

yeah... not sure why seidio just didn't notch the corners from the start :dry:

oh well.. it's done and the case fits the dock and i'm finally dancedroid

Last edited:

patchm00

Reaction score
Thanks for those pics, they show the issue perfectly. Really odd that Seido would not have made the case to fit in the dock, maybe they want you to buy their dock (assuming it would fit).

So that is the Moto car dock without any inserts in correct (mine came with D1/D2 inserts though my case, much like your first pics, only fits without any inserts).

thanks again

m42technic

Reaction score
Thanks for the pictures and heads up!

Any chance you could snap a couple more pictures to show the general fit of the case?

Cunha

Reaction score
Yeah. You can't show us too many shots of the seido! I can't decide if I want one or not! Also - how does the slider action change with and without the case? I'd hate to contribute to premature wear on the slider.

Last edited:

xCore

Reaction score
sure..

nice soft matte finish..
72rpeo.jpg

29208x2.jpg

the holster is a lot like the verizon holster that fits the bare phone..
i55hes.jpg

the clips are very small and the case can easily be popped off
344xdgm.jpg

59zxxh.jpg

plenty of room around the buttons and ports..
jb3i85.jpg

1564wex.jpg

my quick review.. it's a nice case, it's not stellar by any means, but it's nice. it's a bit thin and flexes some, the clips are extremely small and the case pops off the phone pretty easily, but all in all it does its job. being that the clips are so thin it doesn't interfere with the slide action at all, which is nice.

personally.. style and looks it's the hands down winner... durability and function.. i'd rank it second to the verizon hatched case from the pics in the previous post, that case is much meatier, has stronger clips and there's no creaking from it like the seidio, but it has that god awful hatched pattern on it and the material is a bit slipperier than the seidio so it's not the end all be all of cases either. i'm sticking with the seidio for now, if it pops off once, i'll pop it back on, twice.. the same, three times and i'll switch back to the verizon case.

thoughts on using it in the dock... so yes, it can be made to fit.. two concerns tho.. back to the small clips.. i can see the possibility of the phone popping out of the case when mounted in the dock, thankfully (i think) the usb connector would keep everything together. the top lock down on the dock actually puts forward pressure on the phone and the case maybe exaggerating the flex of the case a bit, it's not a match made in heaven by any means, but like i said, it can be made to work. not meaning to toot the horn of the hatched verizon case again.. but it fits better in the dock and is more stable than the seidio case is. once again.. i'm left cussing the horrible hatch pattern on what would otherwise be a superior case.

Last edited:

jcg11

Reaction score
xCORE, great pics and review. I have a couple more questions though. I know you mention that the case is thin. That to me is a big plus. How does the case interfere with the top row of buttons on the slide out key board? That is my biggest problem with most cases. Also, how does it slide in and out of a pocket with the rubberized grip?

xCore

Reaction score
xCORE, great pics and review. I have a couple more questions though. I know you mention that the case is thin. That to me is a big plus. How does the case interfere with the top row of buttons on the slide out key board? That is my biggest problem with most cases. Also, how does it slide in and out of a pocket with the rubberized grip?

it's a little better than most cases as far as interfering with the top row of buttons, it ends JUST above the groove along the top row, most cover this groove or extend below it. it's not really rubberized, it's that "soft" plastic feel, much like on the back of the phone itself. if you're not using any of the docks it's a beautiful case and would make a great pocket/holster case. since i'm driving about 60% of my day and use the gps a lot dock fit is my number one priority, for a nice light case for general use protection, it's hands down the best IMHO.