Seidio Innotraveler Car Dock Moto Droid Problem

Droidanne3

Reaction score
I have had a Seidio Innotraveler Car Dock for my Moto Droid1 for about a year now. I don't use it all the time. Have had the occasional overheating problem when running maps which has been mentioned in numerous posts. In the past, when I put the Droid in the car dock, it automatically goes into car mode and stays that way. The other day, however, after a short time the screen went into sleep mode. The Droid is also not charging at all when in the dock. The lights on the charger and dock are lit so presumably it is getting power. The Droid is sitting all the way in the dock so it is plugged in properly. I also have a Seidio desktop docking station for my Droid and that works fine, sending and keeping the Droid in clock mode for the duration that it is in the docking station so I don't think there is a problem with my Droid. Would love to know if anyone else has had a similar problem and maybe a solution. Really don't want to spend another $50 on a new car dock.

Thanks.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm not familiar with the dock itself but troubleshooting is troubleshooting no matter what the specific item is that you're trying to assess. Can you disconnect the cable running to it and connect it directly to the Droid for troubleshooting? If your device charges on the cable then the dock is the problem whether the dock itself is getting power or not. It's certainly conceivable that the dock could be getting power but that there's a problem with the connection to the device when docked.

Have you contacted Seidio for support?

OP
D

Droidanne3

Reaction score
Thank for your response. Unfortunately the connection on power cable that goes into the dock doesn't fit the outlet on the phone. I did email Seidio customer service and they gave me a phone number to call. I haven't had time to do that yet. This forum has been very helpful in the past in providing assistance that I thought I would try here as well to see if I could get help.