[SELFKANG ICS AOSP ROM] CM9/ICS for Droid 3

niallsc

Reaction score
Rom from 12/06/11

I noticed that today HashCode released a new version of ICS for the Droid 3 and says that 3G is up and running but when i flashed it, i couldn't get 3G working
anyone else try this rom and run into the same problem?

lordneverar

Reaction score
From what I can see it looks like this is coming along quite well. Keep up the good work Hashcode! As I understood it ICS supposed to have face unlock, is that going to end up in this rom?

Beamed from my tricorder

lordneverar

Reaction score
I noticed that today HashCode released a new version of ICS for the Droid 3 and says that 3G is up and running but when i flashed it, i couldn't get 3G working
anyone else try this rom and run into the same problem?

Yeah I'm not getting any 3G data either, and I have yet to test wifi.

Beamed from my tricorder

anthony_rada

Reaction score
Quick question guys are you all wiping data when installing?

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

lordneverar

Reaction score
Yes, you have to wipe data. All other roms for the d3 are gingerbread, this is ice cream sandwich and the two aren't really compatable together (or so is my educated guess).

Yonnor

I r Teh Greetest
Reaction score
Yes, you have to wipe data. All other roms for the d3 are gingerbread, this is ice cream sandwich and the two aren't really compatable together (or so is my educated guess).

Yup your right, just like how people went from Froyo to GB on the OG Droid you need to wipe before installing, its a bad idea to mix data from 2 different system versions. And if you use TiBu be careful when restoring apps and such, as you don't wanna restore GB system apps.

Here's a good guide written for the OG for using TiBu between different system versions but is still good for us. LINK

DaSnOoTeRKiNG

Reaction score
Well I didnt exactly install his zip but ive built it from his repo an I also am not getting any data connectivity plus when keyboard is closed its stays in landscape but if you open the keyboard it rotates wierd......I only messed with it a min and switched back to blur but

on second look noticed 3g data was working but the status bar icon may not..and so was wifi...plus i also was recieving text messages.....I sure would like to figure out the screen orientation problem as well.......does anyone have the google apps package compatible for ics?

lordneverar

Reaction score
@ hashcode
" D3/Bionic Users: Audio for ICS is getting close. Hopefully later today."

Woohoo!

dustyjerran

Reaction score
@ hashcode
" D3/Bionic Users: Audio for ICS is getting close. Hopefully later today."

Woohoo!

awesome man keep up the great work i am excited to be running this full time is there gapps for this one yet that i missed or will there be one soon

cmac93hatch

Reaction score
Sorry its kinda off topic but what's the best way to flash this. Do I reboot into recovery enable safe mode flash the rom the wipe data or do I not even enable safe mode. I've never flashed a rom on my d3. Just know how to for the d1 lol

dustyjerran

Reaction score
Sorry its kinda off topic but what's the best way to flash this. Do I reboot into recovery enable safe mode flash the rom the wipe data or do I not even enable safe mode. I've never flashed a rom on my d3. Just know how to for the d1 lol

safe strap is the way to go cause it saves ur current system and data if something goes wrong u can just switch back. and yes u will want to wipe data after u enable safe system and it runs the backup

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

There is a guide stickied in the D3 Hacks section! ;)

Sent from my Safestrapped, Rooted, ROM'd XT862

cmac93hatch

Reaction score
Ya I read that but it kinda confused me lol I have safe strap on my phone now. So all I do is download the rom to my sd card boot into recovery, enable safe mode, wipe data, install rom, and reboot into android. Is this correct?