SetCpu (lets help design a new widget)

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm in.......I think it would look better if it was in the same shape as audio manager widget, I know it's kinda big but then all the stuff would look better, and then the Dev could even throw in a battery monitor or a few more things.

I use batterylife as a 1x1 widget to see charge left, temp, voltage, etc.

Maybe SetCPU just needs a way to be skinnable, like Beautiful Widgets is?

I do think a 2x2 MS style monitor is funny. With the graph though you get to see the temp and speed historically.

How about a highest temp since last reboot or last charge along with what that date was? Same for hi/lo CPU speed although I'm sure we all hit our max's and lowest settings multiple times a day. I suppose knowing how long we were at that peak temp might help but it gets difficult if you were at x degrees for an hour straight and then x+1 degrees for 2 minutes. You wouldn't see the lower but still potentially dangerous temp. So maybe a limit we set. I set it to 120F and it tells me how long it ran above that temp. That way we can play with the settings to see if it also runs over 125F.

So there's some features and some look changes.

NoKz

Reaction score
Simplicity is something I love and think works the best. Here's an idea I came up with.

90mksphqhzm36arfhu.jpg

Sodner

Reaction score
A choice of SKINS at the same size would be nice. Tons of other apps are doing SKINS why not this one. Other than that, it has all the info I need and is the size (1x1) I like.

Last edited:
OP
R

rawburt

Reaction score
Keep the ideas coming, I'm going to try and work on something this weekend.

gatewayad

Reaction score
M

MiceMiceRabies

yea skinning would be nice. skinnd then stuffed and mounted... to my computer.