Shall I be the first?

daze

Reaction score
I agree with most people here who say they need a stable ROM that doesn't require updating and wiping every day just for a small fix. It gets annoying.

I've tried many ROM's, but always end up at either Pete's or Koush's ROM

SDI

Reaction score
A very nice addition to the forum.

I recently switched to your latest creation and i have to say i'm hooked. I appreciate the work you put into this and I'm looking forward to seeing how you spoil us with your skills and expertise

For those of you that were using the themes I made I will now be doing them with cyanogen's work as "ExactDroid for Cyanogen"

:icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

for those of you whom haven't tried this rom.... do yourself a favor and give it a shot if you have a few extra minutes.

Did you make a blue theme for meta morph?

OP
R1Lover

R1Lover

Reaction score
OP
R1Lover

R1Lover

Reaction score
A very nice addition to the forum.

I recently switched to your latest creation and i have to say i'm hooked. I appreciate the work you put into this and I'm looking forward to seeing how you spoil us with your skills and expertise

For those of you that were using the themes I made I will now be doing them with cyanogen's work as "ExactDroid for Cyanogen"

:icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

for those of you whom haven't tried this rom.... do yourself a favor and give it a shot if you have a few extra minutes.

Did you make a blue theme for meta morph?

Yes, but not MM as it doens't work with cyanogen... although there is a themeing option coming soon that will let us keep our theme even after switching roms or upgrading.

Droidnotberry

Reaction score
Ok, I'm a relative noob, I installed UD10 from Rom manager last night not knowing that some kind of drama had transpired here (it looks like posts are missing). I really like to use Rom Manager and its the only way I jumped over and decided to root and change Roms. I've been very happy with UD9.8, but I dont know what is happening now with BD.

I am considering switching to Cyanogen thru Rom Manager. Can you guys tell me if it is as snappy/fast as UD9.8 or 10? For those that have used both, is there anything that I would be missing out on by switching to Cyanogen? If I make the switch can I do it all thru Rom manager as long as I wipe date and cache?

Sorry for the noob questions. Like another poster said, I use my phone constantly for work and cant afford to screw it up. I just want a FAST, reliable ROM that has some cool features, but I REALLY want to be able to use ROM manager to install them. Any opinions, or help please let me know.

Thank You in advance

spy890

Reaction score
Ok, I'm a relative noob, I installed UD10 from Rom manager last night not knowing that some kind of drama had transpired here (it looks like posts are missing). I really like to use Rom Manager and its the only way I jumped over and decided to root and change Roms. I've been very happy with UD9.8, but I dont know what is happening now with BD.

I am considering switching to Cyanogen thru Rom Manager. Can you guys tell me if it is as snappy/fast as UD9.8 or 10? For those that have used both, is there anything that I would be missing out on by switching to Cyanogen? If I make the switch can I do it all thru Rom manager as long as I wipe date and cache?

Sorry for the noob questions. Like another poster said, I use my phone constantly for work and cant afford to screw it up. I just want a FAST, reliable ROM that has some cool features, but I REALLY want to be able to use ROM manager to install them. Any opinions, or help please let me know.

Thank You in advance

Cyanogenmod 5057 is the fastest ROM i've found. I used UD9.8 for a few days but went back to Cyanogen, there is no better. And yes, you can make the switch using ROM Manager, just wipe data and cache.

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score

Thank You in advance

I'm running this now, coming from UD 9.8, it's definitely as snappy if not more. Currently trying some different kernels through ROM Manager. And agree with previous poster, it couldn't be easier. Just select wipe data+cache and install through ROM Manager.

mclarryjr

Reaction score
IMO CyanogenMod 5.0.5.7 is much better then UD, I used UD for a while then decided to try Koush Rom 5.0 and haven't looked back and never will. Its a very quick, smooth, and reliable everything I need my Droid to have.

Wuzz Ranger

Reaction score
I recently switched over to cyanogen 5057 from UD 9.8. I'm really liking it and have had zero issues so far. I too was getting tired of updating and switching roms in search of a one that didn't have little problems here and there. I'm not saying one rom is better than the other for everyone. In the end it comes down to user preference. I think everyone should try out all the different roms and go with whatever fits their needs. For me Cyanogen fit with what I was looking for.

Yes I to was sick and tired of updating every week to a new ROM. So far I have had zero problems with my droid since making the change. I almost feel like there isn't a custome ROM installed on my droid.