Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
@Sydman
Toolkit Nexus 6 One-Click Mac Toolkit Roo Nexus 6 XDA Forums

^ ignore using it as a toolkit. Just download it and open it for the zip file "Update-superSu2.35.zip" and flash that in recovery. That is how I have rooted both my Nexus 5 and Nexus 6 since 5.01

Thank you sir, already rooted with TWRP, but will save this later in I ever need it. I am like you though, I don't like these toolkits, I like to know what I am doing to my phone and do it all myself from the shell.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Supposedly the new 5.1 have forced encryption. Can someone confirm or deny. I heard rumors and as soon as I booted into 5.1 it started encrypting my data. So I immediately flash the "no forced encryption" mod. I do not mind it being encrypted but I want options.

Now that I am looking at that, it makes me want to flash the no-encrypt too. I might give it a few days and see how performance does.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Now that I am looking at that, it makes me want to flash the no-encrypt too. I might give it a few days and see how performance does.

I read that performance has improved a lot. With that said, if Google is allowing manufacturers to opt out because of the performance hit, then Google still have ways to go. But yeah be good to try it a few days and see if you notice anything. But when you flash no-encrypt you will have to wipe user data which is all the data and info on your phone. So make sure to back up app and data and move that to your computer hard drive.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
No encrypt now... Since it's clean why not..there is nothing to gain from leaving IMO...

nice on getting it done... Love Nexus

Tap'd by Big 6

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
No encrypt now... Since it's clean why not..there is nothing to gain from leaving IMO...

nice on getting it done... Love Nexus

Tap'd by Big 6

Depends, if you like us and love to root then no. But if you want that added security I could see leaving it in place.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Not too worried about the security. I'll see if I get frisky tomorrow at work and decide to flash no-encrypt. I can just use TWRP to make a backup and copy that to my Google Drive, flash the no-encrypt, then download and restore? Or does the TWRP backup include the encrypted boot.img?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Not too worried about the security. I'll see if I get frisky tomorrow at work and decide to flash no-encrypt. I can just use TWRP to make a backup and copy that to my Google Drive, flash the no-encrypt, then download and restore? Or does the TWRP backup include the encrypted boot.img?

No you can backup your app data with tibu and restore that way. Also do you have another nexus device?

I keep both my nexus 5 and nexus 6 a mirror of each other so I can do the tap to restore and then use tibu to restore app data.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I don't, buddy really wanted my Nexus 5 because I take such good care of my tech. I can do the TiBu trick though.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I don't, buddy really wanted my Nexus 5 because I take such good care of my tech. I can do the TiBu trick though.

just copy your tibu backup folder to your computer hard drive and/or cloud.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Couldn't resist, flashed the no-encrypt, restoring now.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Wondering if anyone else has had disconnect problems with WIFI since 5.1? My connection keeps dropping out across multiple WIFI spots.

Also, when scrolling up or down on a big list like on Twitter, or TiBu, the scroll will reverse itself.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Wondering if anyone else has had disconnect problems with WIFI since 5.1? My connection keeps dropping out across multiple WIFI spots.

Also, when scrolling up or down on a big list like on Twitter, or TiBu, the scroll will reverse itself.
Haven't really played with it enough but will monitor WiFi connection today.