Should I try .246?

joebananas

Reaction score
I've been using .232 ICS for about a month now and I'm quite happy that it solved a lot of the problems I was having with gingerbread. It certainly has some of its own issues but I'm generally happier with my device running 232 than I was running gingerbread.

I was thinking of trying 244 (or now 246 that I've just read about) but haven't because other places I've read say not to go past 235 if you ever want to get back on the OTA path (by going back to 902/905). Now that Moto has come out with the new roll-out list should I just say to hell with it and just do 244/245/246?

Any thoughts?

markc23

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat. 232 is nice but I hear 244 has better battery life. If we go 235+ we run the risk of not getting back on the OTA path. As long as you're willing to take that risk, then go for it. For myself, I think I'll wait another week and if no OTA next Friday then I'm pulling the trigger on 244, or 246 if others report positive experiences.

player52

Reaction score
im downloading .246 as soon as i can find a working link im running .230 but i cannot stand a bug i have on my phone that makes my keyboard useless in landscape mode

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
im downloading .246 as soon as i can find a working link im running .230 but i cannot stand a bug i have on my phone that makes my keyboard useless in landscape mode

I'm tired of the horrendous battery life I have on .230 so i think I'm going to pull the trigger on .246

Sent from my frozenly delicious bionic.

jayrod

Reaction score
It is totally up to you. I just made the jump to .244 today.The only thing about making the jump to .246 is Sam ain't around to bail you out if it goes wrong. He has made a file, but until he puts in on the HOB page,I'm waiting.

sgregory111

Reaction score
I am in the exact same boat, and in fact posted the same question a couple of weeks ago.

I am also very tempted to go to 246, but not until i read more posts regarding how wonderful and stable it is. I am definitely waiting for Hose Of Bionic (HoB) to be updated to include 246. I believe that Samuri HD is on vacation this weekend. In fact I think his wife had another thread shut down so he would stop posting (kidding).

One consideration I have is that I am still covered by the factory warranty. Since I would not be able to go back to 905 I would not be able to return the phone without it being obvious that it was rooted and upgraded with a leak. Of course that assumes the reason for return still allowed the phone to be boated. I only have a couple more months before the warranty runs out and doubt I will be returning it.

232 has been great, but it does seem that the battery usage has been a bit worse. Not terrible, but not as good as it was before. Other then that I have no real reason to upgrade. Of course that usually does not stop us.......

player52

Reaction score
I'm tired of the horrendous battery life I have on .230 so i think I'm going to pull the trigger on .246

Sent from my frozenly delicious bionic.

tell me about it i went from 5-6 hours on 905 to 10-12 on .230 now i want more

bhp117

Reaction score
It'll be smart to stay on 244 until samuri start to support it so he can enjoy his vaction:biggrin:
If you're a experience hob user who knows what to do then go to 246 But also be very cautious
246 been more solid for me than 242 244
Battery is more or less same as 242 244
Flash still have issues but i dont care
Fix the landscape keyboard issue even while charging

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I see all..... ;)

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
We wouldn't expect anything less from a Samuri! :p

I've even supported far more than I should have this weekend. Tomorrow is the race and I have pit passes so I won't be around much til it ends.

jayrod

Reaction score
I've even supported far more than I should have this weekend. Tomorrow is the race and I have pit passes so I won't be around much til it ends.

And it was much appreciated..even if I didn't have to face the wrath for a botched .244 update. First time I actually used HOB and it worked perfectly. Enjoy the race! dancedroid

dautley

Reaction score

Who's pit are you going to be in? You lucky devil dog! :)

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
No luck involved. You pay 100 bucks a person and you get to go hang out in the pits before the race starts.