should we close this forum?

drdave319

Reaction score
(please note that this is an old post...please disregard)

Last edited:

AstroBoy

Reaction score
No. The reason there are few posts is that there is little news on the phone. All we know is that is due out some time in the near future with next week being the earliest possible release time.

Once it hits the advertising campaign trail and we start seeing concrete news I think traffic here will pick up.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
It wouldn't be closed, it would be made read only...
But as the poster above says...Leave it open

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This phone is rumored to launch May 26th (Next Week!) I'm sure things will pick up in here!

Raptor007

Reaction score
Once we see hands on reviews of the final hardware and it's available in the stores things will pick up. But there are so many Android phones now that the market is saturated and users have to decide what to get. Lack of news is not a reason to close a forum down, it would simply drive traffic elsewhere.

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
bing

im reading this is binged out again. this is a good phone for a single core from what i have read but what is verizon thinking.

Raptor007

Reaction score
I know BING, not so good, but CM7 could take care of that or rooting and removing it as well. For me I am will to overlook Bing since I will be loading the Google Apps anyways and will just ignore and set the Google apps as the defaults. Overall I am more concerned with specs than I am with some of the apps.

Especially since HTC is clearly going the Encrypted Bootloader route like Motorola. The new HTC Evo 3D is pretty well locked up, Motorola is all locked up and I have a feeling the only way to get unlocked phones will be to change carriers and get Nexus phones.

GDP

Reaction score
I just got my hands on a dummy of this phone from LG. It is very big, boxy and heavy. Doesn't feel very good in my hand. I am not impressed with the Touchwiz-like UI. Only a 5MP camera. It looks like an OK phone, but I think the Charge and Thunderbolt are probably better options at this point. Can't wait to play with a working model

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
thunderbolt maybe

I just got my hands on a dummy of this phone from LG. It is very big, boxy and heavy. Doesn't feel very good in my hand. I am not impressed with the Touchwiz-like UI. Only a 5MP camera. It looks like an OK phone, but I think the Charge and Thunderbolt are probably better options at this point. Can't wait to play with a working model

the charge is a year old processor. the revolution is an upgraded single core processor, but watch lg's quality control . i think i finnally have a good g2x after 3d attempt. after running dual core and the tegra 2 isnt the fastest out there. i suggest wait a couple months and get a dual core. or snap up a pretty much free highest quality single core just before verizon starts tiering the data. dont believe the non-hype dual core does make a differenece at least when not sucked down my motoblurriness. if you dont care about 4g speeds there are some dual cores coming out for verizon. (droid x2 ) already out. but not sure whats coming with non lock downess.

I still think these people that keep talking grandfathered in are dreaming. Im sure that is true as long as you stay on that prticular phone. but i am betting that a new phone will lose that unlimited data and even than the 5% top slowdown will be a lot wider.
Tmobile customers were not grandfatherd in to unlimited(at full speeds) apparently a gimmick that the courts buy so look for that. i just couldnt see buyikng a single core to be grandfathered into a service that has no apparent upgrade in my area in the near future.
ill enjoy tmobiles 11 down and 3 up until att runis it and than i can get whatever the best phone is on verizon at that time and maybe 4g and dual/quad core will be avaiable and 4g in my area.

i think if you dont care about hdmi than thunderbolt if you wnat hdmi than revolution (4g) is about what you got on verizon now. the charge is just old and slow.

Raptor007

Reaction score
I'm willing to give a fully functional LG Revo a shot, buy it from Best Buy so I get at least 30 days to swap for another phone (15 if I want to cancel the upgrade) and go from there.

The Charge has an outdated processor (generation wise) too little internal storage, teh ThunderBolt is not light either and when I had mine for 6 weeks it had enough issues with poor readability outdoors, BT, battery life. Sure it was fast, so what if the tank is dry every 3 hours.

LG, quality, good heads up and I have no issues pushing for a replacement and making it clear. Still the Revo has VoLTE, TB has SVDO, Charge has nothing special.

Revolution Dimensions 5.03" x 2.63" x 0.52" and Weight 6.08oz
ThunderBolt Dimensions 4.75" x 2.44" x 0.56" and Weight 6.23oz
Charge Dimensions 5.11" x 2.66" x 0.46" and Weight 5.04oz

So the Revo is a .30" longer x .19" wider and .04" thicker yet its .15oz lighter. So I guess its not as heavy after all it just feels that way.

I know the Optimus UI does not appear too, and to me all of the special UI's friggin suck, lucky for us we can put any launcher we want on the phone and ignore the built in junk.