SIM card question

dmoss7

Reaction score
Long time lurker here. I am going to be leaving the BIONIC platform soon and have narrowed my replacement down to the HTC One (M8). I am still grandfathered in to unlimited data on Verizon, so I plan on paying full retail and doing a SIM card swap. Has anyone had any luck/experience with trimming down the SIM in the Bionic to the NanoSim size that the HTC requires? Or has anyone gone to Verizon and gotten a new SIM card without them messing with your plan? I know MicroSIMs can be trimmed down, but I've googled the subject a bunch and still have yet to come away with a clear answer. I would prefer to get a new SIM that would be guaranteed to work w/o messing with my unlimited data, but am willing to trim down my current SIM if that's the only option.

Long time lurker here. I am going to be leaving the BIONIC platform soon and have narrowed my replacement down to the HTC One (M8). I am still grandfathered in to unlimited data on Verizon, so I plan on paying full retail and doing a SIM card swap. Has anyone had any luck/experience with trimming down the SIM in the Bionic to the NanoSim size that the HTC requires? Or has anyone gone to Verizon and gotten a new SIM card without them messing with your plan? I know MicroSIMs can be trimmed down, but I've googled the subject a bunch and still have yet to come away with a clear answer. I would prefer to get a new SIM that would be guaranteed to work w/o messing with my unlimited data, but am willing to trim down my current SIM if that's the only option.

I have not tried to trim a SIM card, but I have gone to Verizon several times and received a free new SIM card for a replacement phone. They never asked any questions or mentioned my plan. I just handed them my new phone (RAZR M) and told them I needed the smaller SIM, since the one from my Bionic would not fit. They offered to help activate the phone, so I did it in the store to make sure the new SIM was good. They are supposed to provide new SIM cards for free if you are a Verizon customer (at least that's what I have been told by several VZW employees). Good luck with the new phone.

Last edited:
^^^ this. just make sure its a corporate store, those verizon kiosks will try to charge you for a sim card.

Don't trust the 3rd party stands (kiosks). I bought mine from a Verizon store with a new SIM card. I paid the $660 price tag to keep my unlimited, but got $40 free for signing up for Isis which bought my screen protectors and the VZW case (clear on the back black on the sides) and still have $20 leftover. My plan still lists my number as unlimited.

Go to a VZW store. They will most likely swap your sim with no questions asked.

Thanks for the info guys. I love my Bionic, but it's really slowing down. I've done all memory clearing tricks, FDR, etc. Results only last for a week or two. Looks like it's time to move on. Again, thanks for the input.

Back