Somebody please!!!

jamestheartist

Reaction score
I rooted my RAZR, but it rooted and installed Bionic Bootstrap. Now I know that if I tried to flash a recovery with Bionic, my system would get corrupted...can someone please tell me how to safely remove Bionic Bootstrap and install Safestrap, so I can flash at will? Also...since I already rooted will it still do a factory restore from Safestrap? Sorry for the "newb" q's, but I'm a freakin' newb! Lol

Digital Cha0s

Reaction score
well all I did was uninstall the first bootstrap from manage apps in system,
then installed safestrap and all seems to work fine for me

OP
jamestheartist

jamestheartist

Reaction score
That's what I figured right out of the gate...but then seeing that so many say you have to go into root explorer etc., type in .bin extensions, rename files and whatnot I just assumed it couldn't be that easy, lol. Have you flashed back to your factory system ROM yet? Oh, and if I already have root when I flash back over to the original system, will root remain? (For warranty issues, etc.)

Digital Cha0s

Reaction score
Root will remain being that you should make a back up before you go and install any mods/roms activating/deactivating safe boot if un-rooting is your issue afterwards try searching the forums for unrooting

Sent from my superior DROID RAZR

JaBr1884

Reaction score
I haven't been able to get a clear answer on this either, I've looked into it when I couldn't update to the OTA. I have found some extra steps for removing bootstrap, steps that weren't taken when safestrap was installed and "uninstalled" from the safestrap menu as someone had recommended. You can see what I am referring to in my post below, but two people have ran into bootloops, so be careful or don't even try it. I followed the steps and had no problems, so I don't know if they followed the procedure exactly.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...ow-remove-razr-bootstrap-custom-recovery.html

OP
jamestheartist

jamestheartist

Reaction score
Good info! Yeah, I'm a little leery at this point because this ain't a cheap phone, lol. If I don't flash a recovery, will it be fine to just leave as is until the gods in the dev community create a safe un-root system? Because then I'll just do a factory on it, re-root and use safestrap to keep the system image intact and flash away! Thanx all for the replies!

thelastbill

Reaction score
I am one of the ones who ran into the boot loop. I have a clockwork mod backup showing in the recovery. I just cant figure out how to initiate it. I can get into adb but my comp isnt recognizing the device. What do i do?

OP
jamestheartist

jamestheartist

Reaction score
Did you flash clockword mod? How did the boot loop start? What were the conditions that started the boot loop?

JaBr1884

Reaction score
I am one of the ones who ran into the boot loop. I have a clockwork mod backup showing in the recovery. I just cant figure out how to initiate it. I can get into adb but my comp isnt recognizing the device. What do i do?

Did you boot the phone into bootloader mode? I haven't used adb in forever, maybe I'm confusing this with SBFing

thelastbill

Reaction score
I see the backup listed. I select it with the power button....then what do I do?

thelastbill

Reaction score
The bootloop started after I followed the instructions to delete the bootstrap.

Digital Cha0s

Reaction score
The bootloop started after I followed the instructions to delete the bootstrap.

uhh ok first goto stock recovery "power+vol up and down on boot" and try a data wipe "CWR and Safestrap should work too" if that don't work you said you can see your back up? have you tried to restore it? if so and still getting boot loops I would try looking for a stock rom I have seen one or two around now in one form or another and try to install that thru CWR or Safestrap either or should work