Sourcery ROM 2.2

OP
gflam

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Wow i noticed my phone would fly up in temp as well when charging but never noticed that it was because the screen was on i actually just went out and bought a new battery thinking my battery was going but i guess that makes sense since while i'm coding my phone is hooked up to usb and the screen is always on and a few times i plugged it in quickly and left the screen on thanks for noticing that

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
I always keep my screen off while charging and never any temperture issues. I did remove some of the unused elements in Sourcery such as the Airmail and IHear..

Thank you for the update Eagle i was actually gonna ask today if the magic is starting on the g2x but you answered my question.. good to have you back on the OG. I heard Spell book.. :icon_ banana:

I am UC to 800 on a 900 kernel never any temp issues.

jam40jeff

Reaction score
that would explain some other things we forgot to put in oneshot i guess. the rom was stopped shortly after adding in the init.d stuff so we really never got it perfected. that would explain why we had some other things happen too. our fix was to remove the scripts. im not sure how the scripts got back into the rom though. i am in the middle of moving. once i get moved well look into a refresh of sourcery no promises but since im back on the droid now well see wht we can do.

Awesome. This is really the only thing keeping me from telling everyone I know to get this ROM ASAP. Great work!

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
dont want to mislead people

Sourcery stage: at this point i am in discussion with gflam about a refresh to update sourcery just a few bug fixes and program updates. i cant even work on this for a couple more weeks until i get moved and get internet setup at new home. There are a couple issues , and just depends on which direction gflam wants to go. he has been the one maintaining sourcery and has his own apps hes working on.

At this point sourcery is still not in development and unsupported and may stay that way. just dont want anyone to think there has been a decision to reopen development. Just a thought of making it so there is 1 download that works. without having to update and to refresh apps. thats all. no promises.

I have not planned on doing anything rom wise until icecream sandwich source comes out. and a new phone to handle it. at this point i am planning to wait for the new bionics specs to be announced before i do anything. but i guess im sticking with verizon since i dont like tmobiles falseness of saying 4g or 2g not allowing a 3g icon at all. and their spotty coverage. dont mind being in a non covered area but if i show 4g and 5 bars i expect a good connection.

guttyla

Reaction score
I am on sourcery 1.3...what is advised way to get the latest update? Can i just download/install 2.2 or do i need to install a previous version 1st? Is the upgrade from 1.3 worth it?

Thanks

illmatic636

Reaction score
I am on sourcery 1.3...what is advised way to get the latest update? Can i just download/install 2.2 or do i need to install a previous version 1st? Is the upgrade from 1.3 worth it?

Thanks

Hello, I believe you need to first install 2.0 then you can go to 2.2. Don't think wiping is necessary unless your coming from a different Rom

Good luck

Bang Pow Boom

Reaction score

Thanks

Hello, I believe you need to first install 2.0 then you can go to 2.2. Don't think wiping is necessary unless your coming from a different Rom

Good luck

Don't forget to install gapps2.0.

Sent from my Moto Droid using DroidForums

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
strongly suggest wipe.

Thanks

I strongly suggest you wipe going from a 1.x build to 2.x build. than install 2.0 than 2.2 than gapps.

OP
gflam

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Ha good idea chizzele

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

guttyla

Reaction score

Thanks

I strongly suggest you wipe going from a 1.x build to 2.x build. than install 2.0 than 2.2 than gapps.

thanks...so if i understand correctly, install 2.0...do i have to boot up before i install 2.2? than install gapps? i tried (withoput wiping) installing 2.0 and gapps and the phone was taking so long to boot up i pulled battery and restored 1.3...is it normal to take a real long time to boot up after installation, say 10-20 minutes?

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com

Thanks

thanks...so if i understand correctly, install 2.0...do i have to boot up before i install 2.2? than install gapps? i tried (withoput wiping) installing 2.0 and gapps and the phone was taking so long to boot up i pulled battery and restored 1.3...is it normal to take a real long time to boot up after installation, say 10-20 minutes?

Download all 3 files to your SD. Flash 2.0, then 2.2 (no boot up needed) and then gapps and you will be good to go.

Jasko

Reaction score
Hey everyone. Been looking for a solid Froyo rom after reverting back after numerous headaches with GB roms. I'm coming from PE4.2 and have read a lot of positive things about Sourcery. Just wiped / installed and am setting everything up again. Even though I'm way late on this rom lol, I'm looking forward to using it. If I come across any problems or questions, I'm sure you guys will be hearing more from me here.

That's all though. Just wanted to say hi. :)

btw, DWB's posts in this thread had me loling at work here.