Speaker Dock kinda thing

MarkB

Reaction score
I know there are probably about a zillion of these for the iPhone, but I haven't seen anything specifically for the Droid yet. I'm talking about a portable external speaker that I can use with batteries or plug in to an electrical outlet and then plug the Droid into it for music. There are many generic external speakers on the market, heck I guess I could even use a set of computer speakers for this. But I'm wondering if anyone has any specific recommendations?

Thanks!

I as wondering this the other day as well, would be very interested!

was at a verizon store a couple weeks ago and they had one that used bluetooth. Looked pretty nice, about the size of a laptop, stood up on its own, came with a sleeve to travel with, could be plugged in or used with batteries. Price was 100 dollars, will probably go and but one next time I go there. forget the name of it though, sorry. I'll let ya know if I get it anytime soon

There are the Moto EQ5:

qcpevrut.jpg

And EQ7:

motorola-eq7_bluetooth_speakers.jpg

Not docks, but Bluetooth speakers.

Anything with line in or BT A2DP should work. I don't see how a Droid-specific accessory would really add any benefit.

how do these work? can i play music or stream onto these units and I still make phone calls with my phone? basically, can you manage different bluetooth devices at the same time?

Yes they (eq5 and eq7) receive your music from you droid over bluetooth. You can also control volume, ff/rew and play/pause from the device. I have the eq5, it uses the same charger as your droid and has a built in rechargable battery, but it sounds like crap, no bass. the eq7 probably sounds better but doesnt have a rechargeable battery. i think it uses aa's or something.

A unit made for the droid would be cool so you could dock it and it would recharge your phone. Even better would be a small boombox with bluetooth and a usb to recharge your droid (since music output cannot go thru the usb on a droid, either 3.5mm headphone jack or by bluetooth.) Iphone only needs 1 plug, droid needs 2 plugs if you want to charge and listen to external speakers.

Back