Suddenly can't save contacts

RClaffJr

Reaction score
I have an HTC Incredible running 2.3.4 and all of a sudden I can't make or edit contacts. Well I can make the edits but when I save I get "Error, unable to save contact changes."

I presume I have a setting wrong but I couldn't say which. I did have a problem recently when the phone declared it was running out of storage (though it really wasn't) so I tried deleting Contacts which it promptly did. I was able to restore a set of contacts by re-syncing with Google's Gmail but ever since then I can't make any changes. I'm thinking the syncing and/or the Gmail may be preventing me from making further changes but I don't know how to get around this.

This is an important part of the phone's operation and I may have to ditch the phone if this can't be resolved. Any idea?

rob :)

I have the exact same issue. Recently flashed a new ROM and noticed I can't create contacts. I get the same error message. Did you find a solution yet?

Kinda sorta. I brought the phone to a Verizon tech shop. A guy said he reprogrammed and reset the phone and now it works properly. No idea *what* he did...

I figured it out. I went to menu>settings>manage applications> choose all, then select the "contacts storage" process. Do a force stop on it and it should be good.
I also had to reselect my contacts viewing options after this. I only want to see my Google contacts but showed me all of them.

Hope this helps somebody.

Thank you!

I figured it out. I went to menu>settings>manage applications> choose all, then select the "contacts storage" process. Do a force stop on it and it should be good.
I also had to reselect my contacts viewing options after this. I only want to see my Google contacts but showed me all of them.

BryanC you seriously saved me from so much aggravation! I was about to throw my phone out the window and file a claim with the phones insurance. I literately registered to thank you. So yeah it definitely helped someone.

Thank you. This was very helpful.

Thank you BryanC!

Good Post! I had the same problem with my Samsung Infuse, but thanks to your post, I fixed it. Now I can save contacts!

Thank you BryanC!

Good Post! I had the same problem with my Samsung Infuse, but thanks to your post, I fixed it. Now I can save contacts!
I know that was an ancient post, but it's still helping people today. I looked everywhere. If the solution provider is even still alive, I salute you.

But i am unable to find an option manage applications in my phone ASUS ZENFONE MAX Z010D

I have the same problem for my Realme 7 pro. Tried this, but it didn’t work. Nor did reducing the number of contacts in my Google account, and in any case I have just some 3k contacts there. Any other thoughts on what I can do to resolve this problem?

Back