Super Lag

Nillus

Reaction score
Hey everyone. Um, My Droid 3 , am I the only one who whenever I go to take a picture, it can take up to 30 seconds to snap? Sometimes it will be relativley fast, but other times it takes forever. And it also lags like this sometimes when I go to open up a app. Is there a reason for this? I sometimes wish it was simple and easy like the iPhone.

Thach

Reaction score
My wife's has said the same thing about her Droid 3. I have been trying to find the reason for this for a few days now. She has tried different 3 party apps to see if that changes the results but nothing yet. The camera is a big thing to her too so I would like to find solution to this as well.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

GreenSnow

Reaction score
Ya this is a huge problem accross the board with the droid3, I believe there are developers working on solutions if you are into rooting/flashing the phone but nothing to stable yet (to my knowledge)

Otherwise there is an App called "fast burst camera" I like it alot, its very speedy, it does cut down on the quality of the picture, but if that's not a big deal its a great alternative to the stock camera

Hope that helps -there are several threads about this topic in the droid 3 ROMS section

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

OP
Nillus

Nillus

Reaction score
Ya this is a huge problem accross the board with the droid3, I believe there are developers working on solutions if you are into rooting/flashing the phone but nothing to stable yet (to my knowledge)

Otherwise there is an App called "fast burst camera" I like it alot, its very speedy, it does cut down on the quality of the picture, but if that's not a big deal its a great alternative to the stock camera

Hope that helps -there are several threads about this topic in the droid 3 ROMS section

Thanks! I'll check it out!

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Prior to rooting my phone and adding some hacks, I had great success with Camera FX and Power Zoom 5X. Try them both as I found they take very different pictures - particularly in terms of brightness/light. But I found both of them much faster than the native camera app. YMMV!

Thach

Reaction score
Just installed Fast burst on my wife's phone and OMG that thing works nice. Thanks for the suggestion.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

doogald

Reaction score
Another thing to try is to turn off widescreen in the settings. In other words, change from 6 MP wide screen to 8 MP. See if it responds better.

That said, I always use Camera Zoom FX or HDR Camera+ and both apps work great.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Great find on the Fast Burst Camera!! I absolutely love it. I think this will allow me to get a decent photo of my Italian Greyhound!! She is never still. :)

justin482005

Reaction score
what i have found that works it befor you take the picture is touching the place for the camera to focus on and then snap the pic and works fine for me
Hey everyone. Um, My Droid 3 , am I the only one who whenever I go to take a picture, it can take up to 30 seconds to snap? Sometimes it will be relativley fast, but other times it takes forever. And it also lags like this sometimes when I go to open up a app. Is there a reason for this? I sometimes wish it was simple and easy like the iPhone.

GreenSnow

Reaction score
Fast burst decreases quality

Yes I know, and I said that on the original post, its actually a very significant decrease, but it would only make sense as to why it can shoot so quickly

The Atrix hack might work on a clean rooted phone, I personally am running Steel Droid and the hack does not work

gkitab

Reaction score
Yes I know, and I said that on the original post, its actually a very significant decrease, but it would only make sense as to why it can shoot so quickly

The Atrix hack might work on a clean rooted phone, I personally am running Steel Droid and the hack does not work

Did you push the ATRIX cam and set permissions correctly?

GreenSnow

Reaction score
Did you push the ATRIX cam and set permissions correctly?

I personally have not tried it, I was told by ChevyCam (the developer of Steel Droid) that it doesn't work with the particular ROM