sync issue

ktmoutlaw

Reaction score
I have RAZR M and my secondary email accounts stop sync after battery power drops below 20% how can I get them to sync again? Looked in settings under data usage and it shows sync checked?

MotoXGirl

Reaction score
Go into the actual email account itself, click the menu and hit sync. That should get it syncing again.

OP
ktmoutlaw

ktmoutlaw

Reaction score
I sync yesterday "manually" by hitting the button still nothing arrived today until I refreshed

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Is the battery saver Smart Action turned on? If so, it will stop all background data when the battery is below 25%

OP
ktmoutlaw

ktmoutlaw

Reaction score
How do I turn it back on? I have sync checked under settings in data usage

Last edited:

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
How do I turn it back on? I have sync checked under settings in data usage

If the Battery Saver Smart Action is restricting data you have two choices, turn that Smart Action to Off or keep the phone charged above 25% and the Smart Action will not restrict data. To check if the Smart Action is on open the Smart Action app in your app drawer and open the Low Battery Saver action. Is the toggle set to On or Off? This is assuming that your E Mail sync issue is due to a "Background Data Restriction" message when you wake the phone. Is that what you are seeing?

OP
ktmoutlaw

ktmoutlaw

Reaction score
I have that feature set but for when the battery is less than 10%. The feature is not in the notification bar now and still no sync. My primary gmail account syncs but not my secondary

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
So you have two G Mail accounts and are trying to sync both using the GMail app? Do they both sync when the battery is fully charged?

OP
ktmoutlaw

ktmoutlaw

Reaction score
No one gmail one internet provider as secondary account.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Which app are you using to view the secondary account? The EMail app? Also, in your original post you said it does not sync below 20% battery. Does your mail sync above 20% battery?

OP
ktmoutlaw

ktmoutlaw

Reaction score
I am using the email app and originally I was trying to point out what I thought was the original cause. I cannot get it to sync now no matter what

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
When you open the app and select menu (there dots) is enable folder sync on?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Also, when you open EMail and menu >Settings > open the account name, is Sync Over WiFi only checked or unchecked?