System Update 10/21/2014

Metalunna

Reaction score
Have you done an FDR inside the os?? Sounds like something is still not reading right, might need to Odin it. But try and FDR

a few nights ago, I did an FDR from the boot menu..Didnt restore anthing...rebuilt from scratch...reboots kept happening..thats why I did the Verizon Repair today.

I guess on the flip side, all of these rebuild are forcing em to keep a clean phone, as I install less and less stuff each time.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Very strange that we're not hearing more about this issues elsewhere. If an fdr wouldn't clear it up, you'd think it'd be more widespread & the news would be circulating.

Sent from my Note 4

KaosMaster

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
SCH-I545 Galaxy S4 (Verizon)
Well...I have found that the old methods need a new perspective, if you Odin with proper image file, I could fix your phone in 30 minutes

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Well...I have found that the old methods need a new perspective, if you Odin with proper image file, I could fix your phone in 30 minutes
Maybe, but an fdr fixed many messed up updates on the og DROID & others.

Perhaps they've tweaked the code too much for that to airways be effective.

You might try Kaos' method. It gets results.

Sent from my Note 4

Metalunna

Reaction score
That is weird..Aside from the Verizon Support forums, I havent heard anything else about it..
makes me wonder what specific thing is causing this.
Bad SD card?
Rogue App (but which one)?
Bad Hardware (i.e. battery? even though I experience it with 2 different ones)
I suppose I can try to find another SD card to try..Have to dig up my box of goddies from the basement

KaosMaster

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
SCH-I545 Galaxy S4 (Verizon)
It is a bootloader issue I believe! That is why it restarts. .. our a modem issue. Were you rooted whenyou took the update? ?

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
It is a bootloader issue I believe! That is why it restarts. .. our a modem issue. Were you rooted whenyou took the update? ?
Was that this thread or another one where someone had the same reboot issue? That got resolved didn't it?

Sent from my Note 4

Metalunna

Reaction score
I wasn't rooted..it was a stock phone.
I'll read through your Odin guide..and give that a shot. Make take me a day to dedicate some time to it..I have a 4 year old and a 4 month old so my fun time is limited.

silverfang77

Reaction score
I did a factory data reset. My phone ran fine for a week, then the soft reboots started again. If I use the phone, then shut off the display, or turn it off and back on, it reboots to the animated Samsung logo with the purple swirl. I'm attaching screencaps of the system log in the hope that someone may be able to glean something from them.
59d795f9f622bbf3d7d332df3493638a.jpg
5a0a753c241408759256064309ad2124.jpg

edit: Ended up flashing back to the previous version with Odin. Never again will I install an update without doing my homework first.

Tappin' and Talkin' on Tapatalk

Last edited:

tha rockstar

Reaction score
I got NG6 already on replacement phone. I'm not having any reboots but the battery drains quick. Having to charge 3 to 4 times a day. And it over heats and says cooling down in notification panel. Also I have noticed at times if I don't touch it for awhile, the battery will increase 1% or 2% without charging it. I loved NC5 but NG6 is worse than my old D2G on battery life. Any suggestions would help.