Taking pictures , blurry

bodean

Reaction score
Last few times I used my phone to take a picture, the pictures are always blurry. I know there is a slight delay from pressing the button to snap the shot, til when the shot is taken.

Any tips or keep with trial and error?

OP
B

bodean

Reaction score
Reading around, seems like the camera has focus issues when used indoors. Guess that answers my question.

c_mack9

Reaction score
when yo use the camera, hold it sideways and use the button like a normal 2 step camera button. half push to focus, then finish the button press to snap pic. mine focuses fine indoors. i think the problem is the indian not the arrow ;)

dogthehunter

Reaction score
You could try downloading something like FX camera from the market and give that a try. It seems like it works better for me. Just a thought. Dog

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
The Droid's camera really needs bright light (I'd say the flash doesn't count unless you want washed out photos) to function decently.

skel1977

Reaction score
the droid x's camera sucks. Having the same problems. Its blurry as hell. I searched around forums and it seems this happens when indoors or without a lot of light. It works fine with the facial recognition but when no faces involved it looks as if the pictures are taken from a moving car.

MrDizzle

Reaction score
If the problem persists and it gets worse ( mine went downhill all the sudden about a month ago, it just stopped autofocusing and no settings I changed would make it "unblurry") put it completely back to stock and take it to big red to be warrantied. Worked like a charm for me, had a replacement that day.

skel1977

Reaction score
random photos taken with phone. Blurry as hell. Was staying as still as possible and tried all 3 different camera modes.

c_mack9

Reaction score
my camera works MUCH better after a 2.2 rom. ive never had any problems with it not focusing though.

jl8851

Reaction score
Something is definitely wrong with your camera. I NEVER got blurry pictures like that when I was on 2.1.

I'm on the latest build of froyo and am getting amazing pictures. This was taken in a low light room with no flash.

eef78a80.jpg

BigTex71

Reaction score
Phone is not enough pixel.

It is not a pixel issue. If anything, it is that the sensor is too small. You could have a 20MP camera in the Droid, but it won't look any better if the sensor size remains the same (actually could be perceived as looking worse.)

skel1977

Reaction score
how do you take pictures on the droid x??

You click on camera :p You can find it in settings

Anyways guys i fixed it. I knew it had to be something with the settings.
I guess I was screwing around with the phone too much when i first got it.

Clicked camera. Clicked effects and changed back to normal. It was set to somethign wierd i dont remember what.