The official d2g sbf from TBH

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
How come step 5 is needed? On my last android phone, you just flash the SBF and it does it all. How come this phone requires you to pull the battery and such? I rushed through the first time and didnt do this..does that explain why my phone didnt revert back to stock after flashing the SBF?

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
How come step 5 is needed? On my last android phone, you just flash the SBF and it does it all. How come this phone requires you to pull the battery and such? I rushed through the first time and didnt do this..does that explain why my phone didnt revert back to stock after flashing the SBF?

If you are running a rom sometmes after doing an sbf it do no wipe your data so it conflicts resulting in bottloops, wiping data and cache takes it to the out of the box state so you can start fresh.

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
If you are running a rom sometmes after doing an sbf it do no wipe your data so it conflicts resulting in bottloops, wiping data and cache takes it to the out of the box state so you can start fresh.
I still dont see why it is needed, I mean I realize it has to be done, I just dont see why RSD Lite doesnt handle the matter fully. Is it Moto making things more difficult?

Step 1: Boot into the bootloader, you do this by powering on and holding power on + volume up + volume down. You should see a black screen with text that says battery: OK
Personally, I find it easier to just slide the keyboard open and hold the up arrow then power on and keep holding up.

NightCatD2G

Reaction score
Hey guys, Here's my problem....

I have a D2G, that I rooted via Z4 root. all was well then...

I got Ti backup and bootstrap and clockwork recovery...

I went to go and rom it to Liberty...so I thought I followed all the steps and all that...but now I have a problem, when I boot my phone It goes and says liberty and then the eagle spinny thing and thats all I get.

so Im trying to SBF it back to stock, so I got RSD Lite and the SBF file and all that...and now my problem is once I get it to bootloader It tells me my battery is low...and also I tried to install the drivers from motorolla and its not recognizing my phone in RSD....so...

okay so heres an update...I got it to charge in the liberty screen for a bit from the wall charger, maybe the usb 2.0 outlet on the laptop Im using doesnt supply enough juice...I replugged in my D2G and after installing the drivers from moto again I got it to connect...Im at RSD "executing" I'm at "Interface AP-OS: Flashing Code Group 39" right now...we'll hope to god this works....
someone please help me unbrick my D2G...what do I do from here?

eqforus5

Reaction score
Did you read the first page of this thread? The directions are pretty good. I followed them when I got mine stuck in bootloop after I had to sbf it. Don't mean to sound rude just asking.

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
okay so heres an update...I got it to charge in the liberty screen for a bit from the wall charger, maybe the usb 2.0 outlet on the laptop Im using doesnt supply enough juice...
USB chagrining in general only supplies about half the amount of juice as the wall charger. If you need a quick charge, the wall charger is always a better route. None the less, this is normal. The process will not let you continue below about 30% battery because it fears it could die during the process and brick your phone.

someone please help me unbrick my D2G...what do I do from here?
Im not sure what more you want. By now it should have completed the flashing. If it doesnt appear to be stock then you need to read the directions again as your not yanking the battery like your supposed to.

CowboyCombat

Reaction score
Ok so your post for the sbf seems to mostly be right but what I cant seem to understand is you say to pull the battery at the M batwings for about three seconds which I have been doing correctly but every time I insert it back in it just keeps trying to boot by itself why is it doing this?

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
If it attempts to boot itself, then you not waiting long enough. If 3 seconds isnt working, try 6, or even 10 seconds. A solid 3 seconds should be fine as long as your not fast counting it.

CowboyCombat

Reaction score
Ok i will try the sbf again. Also if it does try to boot itself a few times and i finally get it to not do it after a few go'd is that ok? Is trying a few times gonna hurt the sbf process? (What I mean is does it have to work the first time for it to complete perfectly?)

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
Ok i will try the sbf again. Also if it does try to boot itself a few times and i finally get it to not do it after a few go'd is that ok? Is trying a few times gonna hurt the sbf process? (What I mean is does it have to work the first time for it to complete perfectly?)
I hate to ask because it is probably something totaly obvious but whats go'd? :redface: As for trying a few times, I would think not. You have disconnected the phone from the USB cable before doing the battery pull right?

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
this is not working for me. I keep getting fails saying phone didn't re-enumerate or something to that affect.

Idea's? I need to SBF this D2G bad.

judthro

Reaction score
I have it,actually got everything u need.d2 global unbricked 5-16
I uploaded it to my 4 shared account.
Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

ericlewis

Reaction score
Mac Users question

Two quick questions.

What version is 2.4.33? This isn't Gingerbread?

Secondly, I run a Mac, is it possible to load the upgraded ROM from Mac OS X?